Engineer, Full Stack
San Francisco, CA, USA · Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, August 9, 2023
Tamr, the leader in data products, enables customers to consolidate messy source data into clean, curated, analytics-ready datasets. Organizations benefit from Tamr, the industry’s first suite of data products that combine human curation, patented machine learning, mastering rules and enrichment with first- and third-party data to accelerate business outcomes and deliver business-changing insights. Tamr’s cloud-native and SaaS solutions enable industry leaders such as Toyota, Western Union and GSK to get ahead and stay ahead in a rapidly changing competitive environment.
As we grow our engineering team, we are seeking outstanding, product-minded engineers interested in building products that offer high performance with an elegant interface.
This is an opportunity to build enterprise software that solves the most time-consuming, manually intensive problem in data science and modern data pipelines: enriching, curating, and preparing data. Tamr’s core product applies supervised machine learning to large scale problems in data science, engineering, and integration. As a full stack engineer, you will contribute to and own components of Tamr’s core distributed data processing engine, SaaS service stack, and application interfaces.
What we’re looking for:
The ideal candidate is independently minded, self-motivated, and has the experience and breadth of technical knowledge necessary to bring clarity to poorly defined problems and to find unexpected solutions. We are looking for product sense and an entrepreneurial spirit. We believe in simple, beautiful, high quality software. If you care about the end-to-end development lifecycle and ownership of software products—from design and coding through build, test, QA, deployment, management, maintenance, support, and end-user experience—then this role is for you.
- Design and implement services that maximize data pipeline performance
- Ship production code to users dailyCreate interfaces that delight users and tame complex problems
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand customer problems and design innovative solutions
- Support and optimize live, large scale systems
In brief, you will work with a small team of exceptional colleagues to design, build, and deliver next-generation solutions.
- 3+ years experience designing, building, delivering, and supporting production software
- Comfort quickly picking up new languages and technologies
- Brilliant problem-solving skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Outstanding ability to communicate technical ideas, both to other engineers and to non-technical stakeholders
- Outstanding ability to engage stakeholders to understand and discover their real problems and requirements
You might be a good fit if you have some of the below:
- 1+ year(s) shipping and operating a SaaS site
- 1+ year(s) building and maintaining CI/CD automation
- 1+ year(s) creating production-worthy AI/ML models and pipelines
- 1+ year(s) of experience with GCP1+ year(s) of Spark experience
- 1+ year(s) of k8s experience
- 1+ year(s) supporting large-scale hosted production services
- Hands on experience turning problems into solutions from design through delivery
Technologies we use:
- Java, Kotlin, Python, Typescript, elm
- Protobufs and gRPC
- Spark, Bigtable, BigQuery, PostgreSQL
- Terraform, Kubernetes/Helm, Jenkins
- Open AI, Vertex AI
This position is available in Cambridge, MA, San Francisco, CA, or remote in the United States. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.