Senior Manager, Product Management - Immersive Experience
At the intersection of technology, science, business, and sports, Strivr offers the leading VR-based immersive learning platform that is changing the way employees train, learn, and perform. With a vision to elevate performance through immersive experience, we are redefining an industry and shaping the future of workforce development.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as our proving ground. Since then, we have expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 1000 companies including Bank of America, MGM Resorts, Sprouts, Verizon, and Walmart to innovate and elevate employee learning and development at scale.
More than just content inside a headset, Immersive Learning is a groundbreaking training methodology that combines the sense of presence in Virtual Reality with advanced learning theory, data science, and spatial design. It provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by best practices across L&D, instructional design, immersive content development, data science, product design, and user experience. As the leading VR-based Immersive Learning solution for enterprises on the market today, Strivr’s platform enables the deployment of VR training at scale while serving as the bridge to the connected immersive worlds of tomorrow.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies three years in a row, a ‘Major Player’ by IDC in Soft Skills VR Training, and awarded by leading L&D analyst firm Brandon Hall, we take pride in our passion for innovation and use that energy to fuel our work. Our culture thrives on dignity, inclusion, accountability, transparency, and teamwork. We celebrate every win and learn from every loss. With a customer-focused mindset, we embrace continuous evolution and look forward to growing our team as we lead the industry forward!
About the Product team
We are a team of passionate, collaborative individuals who have joined Strivr to define the future of learning and make it a reality today. Partnering primarily with Strivr’s Engineering, Design, and Data Science teams, we work together to build the world’s leading enterprise-ready platform that connects VR content developers to the consumers of immersive content. We enable Fortune 1000 companies to deploy VR-based immersive learning programs, along with valuable data insights, at scale to hundreds of thousands of employees. We are passionate about creating a more engaging and impactful way for people to improve their skills, elevate their performance, and unlock new career opportunities.
About the role
As Senior Manager, Product Management, you will own the strategic direction of immersive experiences, which is Strivr’s core offering. You will lead the team of product managers and CG artists to build products that drive the learning outcomes unique to VR. The products span content authoring tools, on-headset VR apps, and CG content. In this senior product leadership role, you’ll be making strategic recommendations to Strivr executives, influencing the decision-makers at our enterprise customers, partnering closely with Design, Engineering, CG and Content creation teams to execute on the roadmap and deliver tangible value to the platform and its users, and working closely with other leaders at Strivr.
We are looking for someone who exhibits a positive, hands-on attitude and is excited about working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Define and execute on vision and strategy for Strivr’s immersive products, as well as for broader strategic initiatives aligning with company objectives.
- Build products for a diverse set of personas - enterprise customers that adopt the Strivr learning platform, people that train in VR, and content creators that build the training experiences for the Strivr platform
- Work with cross-functional product, engineering, design, business, and customer stakeholders to develop and drive a long-term roadmap.
- Lead and develop a senior team of Product Managers.
- Set processes and standards that enable the team and organization to consistently deliver strong outcomes.
- 8+ years of experience as a Product Manager
- 3+ years of experience in people management
- Demonstrated ability to drive strategy and execution of world-class products, especially marketplace products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both high-level strategic discussions and low-level technical discussions
- Strong product sense and appreciation for user experience, partnering closely with Design, Engineering and Content building teams
- Ability to operate in, create clarity, and deliver positive outcomes in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous startup environment
- Experience building and shipping marketplace software serving a diverse set of user personas, including large enterprise customers.
- Experience developing content authoring software
- Passion for XR and advancing emerging technologies
The annual compensation range for this position is $180,000-$220,000. The salary offered within this range will depend upon qualifications and other operational considerations.
Benefits offered for this position include 90% employer-paid healthcare for employee and dependents (medical, dental, vision); 401K with 50% employer match (up to 4%); open PTO policy; 16-week parental leave; basic life insurance, AD&D, and short-term disability.