Senior Unity Developer
At the intersection of technology, science, business, and sports, Strivr offers the leading VR-based immersive learning platform that is changing the way employees train, learn, and perform. With a vision to elevate performance through immersive experience, we are redefining an industry and shaping the future of workforce development.
Strivr was founded in 2015 out of Stanford University’s Virtual Human Interaction Lab, using the football field as our proving ground. Since then, we have expanded from the athlete to the enterprise, partnering with leading Fortune 1000 companies including Bank of America, MGM Resorts, Sprouts, Verizon, and Walmart to innovate and elevate employee learning and development at scale.
More than just content inside a headset, Immersive Learning is a groundbreaking training methodology that combines the sense of presence in Virtual Reality with advanced learning theory, data science, and spatial design. It provides realistic, high-impact experiences driven by best practices across L&D, instructional design, immersive content development, data science, product design, and user experience. As the leading VR-based Immersive Learning solution for enterprises on the market today, Strivr’s platform enables the deployment of VR training at scale while serving as the bridge to the connected immersive worlds of tomorrow.
Recognized by Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies three years in a row, a ‘Major Player’ by IDC in Soft Skills VR Training, and awarded by leading L&D analyst firm Brandon Hall, we take pride in our passion for innovation and use that energy to fuel our work. Our culture thrives on dignity, inclusion, accountability, transparency, and teamwork. We celebrate every win and learn from every loss. With a customer-focused mindset, we embrace continuous evolution and look forward to growing our team as we lead the industry forward!
About the role
You are a cutting edge Unity expert, who is able to provide the technical backbone to a small team of artists, animators, and game/UI designers, in order to deliver high quality content which can ship on a mobile VR headset.
You will be the bridge between the engineering systems which support the Strivr infrastructure, and the content developers. This could manifest in a variety of ways: from art asset optimization, setting up experimental UI layouts, explorations on new shaders / lighting / light baking methods, defining how our assets should interface with internal infrastructure, or creating Unity example projects.
You are someone who has shipped games on small teams for mobile devices, and are an internal voice for what an external Unity Content Developer would need. You are an early adopter of all new Unity launches, following their new features closely.
What you will do
- Ensure all assets are optimized for mobile
- Work with CG and Eng to define best practices for asset tagging, and folder structure
- Define ideal Unity interface for assets, which are artist-centric
- Work with animators and designers to create the next generation of our animation handler
- Use Unity’s Audio Mixer to add dynamism to our next generation of environments
- Define an optimal way of handling our shaders, allowing for highest visual quality while still remaining performant on headset
- Prototype explorations of 360 photography / video / CG content
- Technical support for new UI interfaces
- Build the backbone of experiences which could be used as templates
What you bring
- Expert knowledge of Unity and all the latest features
- Shipped mobile game titles as a developer
- Knowledgeable of all Unity Systems
- Working knowledge of art pipeline (rigging, skinning, modeling, blendshapes, light baking, retargeting ect)
- Strong knowledge of shaders - both legacy and new
- Enough programming knowledge to setup scene or audio handlers, to use SDKs, and to create clean projects which expose functions for editability
- Strong understanding of legacy and new UI system
- Understands object oriented programming
- Expert with profiler and keeping assets performant on mobile
- Good written skills, able to create example projects in Unity and create documentation
- Good verbal skills, able to communicate your recommendations, and why
- Strong knowledge of version control tools
- Experience with Unreal Engine
- MEL / PyMEL
- Experience with generative environments
- Experience with VR
- Experience designing with user perception in mind
- Experience with Photogrammetry and NERF
- Early tech adopter, follows new technology advancements
The annual compensation range for this position is $140,000-$170,000. The salary offered within this range will depend upon qualifications and other operational considerations.
Benefits offered for this position include 90% employer-paid healthcare for employee and dependents (medical, dental, vision); 401K with 50% employer match (up to 4%); open PTO policy; 16-week parental leave; basic life insurance, AD&D, and short-term disability.