Street Smarts VR
San Antonio, TX, USA
Posted on Wednesday, May 17, 2023
Street Smarts VR is a veteran-owned, dual-use technology platform that's revolutionizing tactical training through virtual reality and improving public safety outcomes. By integrating software, hardware, and training data, SSVR's solution is transforming the VR training landscape.
Across four continents, 10,000 users across dozens of US military and police departments currently train with SSVR - and that's a tiny fraction of the 5 million first responders in the US who carry weapons and for whom training is not just a requirement but a moral imperative. SSVR is forecasting rapid growth over the coming years in both state and local law enforcement as well as all 4 branches of the US Military.
At Street Smarts VR, we understand that military and first responders consistently operate in high stress, high consequence environments. We’ve lived it. So by leveraging virtual reality and real-world data sources, we’ve built a fully immersive platform that conditions users to the real life stressors they will face in the field.
We are looking for a talented 3D Artist to work as a Generalist on our team and make this vision a reality by creating realistic digital assets for Virtual Reality. Responsibilities will include creation of new digital assets from scratch as well as updating and maintaining the existing asset library, including development of new costumes, body features prop and environments. They will support the asset integration pipeline by properly configuring and exporting assets for integration into Unity.
What you can expect to work on
- Create photo-real, top quality 3D assets for VR
- Work with the Art Lead and the art team to produce high quality characters, hard surface and environment assets.
- Creating clean game topology, UVS, bakes and textures
- Integrating game assets, including engine-material setup in Unity
- Collaborate with other colleagues to find the best solutions to all major technical and/or creative challenges.
- Maintain asset library and ensure assets are kept up to date and usable for development
What we expect from you
- An understanding of a broad mix of disciplines such as modeling, texturing, shading, rigging, skinning and animation
- High attention to detail
- Digital sculpting and texturing skills; we use Substance Painter on a regular basis.
- Strong self-management skills are critical and artists must be able to work within a fast-paced remote team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to understand, consider, and give constructive feedback.
- Basic experience with Maya
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in 3D Art/Animation
What we offer
- A unique opportunity to help improve training for first responders and the communities they serve
- High growth opportunity within a startup culture
- Competitive compensation
- Unlimited paid time off
- Multiple healthcare plans to choose from
- Company-matched 401k program
- Opportunity to travel
- Remote-first work environment or opportunity to work hybrid in one of our office locations
Street Smarts VR is open to interviewing candidates of varying levels of experience for this position.
Salary range offered: $55,000 (junior) - $90,000 (senior) based on level of experience, technical proficiency, and local labor market.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employer
Street Smarts VR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
See more open positions at Street Smarts VR
Something looks off?