Accounting & Finance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, May 5, 2023
Who We Are
Stavvy is transforming how business is conducted remotely by making complex legal and financial transactions easier, safer, and more accessible to all. Whether we are working to enable title companies to facilitate remote closings in a safe way, better connecting lenders with the businesses they use during the home buying process, or building the next set of tools for the platform, Staviators (our employees) are disruptors at heart. Our team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to simplify life's defining moments.
Our Morningside Summer 2023 Fellowship is a 10-week paid program which offers undergraduate students the opportunity to work at a rapidly growing FinTech startup! You will develop skills, grow your network and get real working experience to bring with you to your future careers! There will also be the opportunity to gain mentorship opportunities and participate in Stavvy’s engagement events to fully round out your experience.
In this Finance Fellowship, you will be a part of a growing and evolving Finance team and be responsible for building out reports of our databases that assist with our operating plan.
What You'll Do
- Responsible for quality assurance of existing and new financial models
- Documenting key processes within Business Finance (e.g. OpEx forecasting, Compensation expenses analyses, Non-Comp expenses analyses, etc.) and Financial Accounting (Payroll, Billing, AP, etc.)
- Automation of labor-intensive processes (e.g. Billing reconciliation) that required data collection and validation
- Assessment of Generative AI tools for automating Finance tasks in FP&A and Accounting
Who You Are
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/GoogleSheets and PowerPoint/GoogleSlides
- Ability to manage large amounts of data, database management, etc
- Open and flexible to using new technologies (e.g. ChatGPT, SaaS tools, etc.)
- Have a strong attention to detail, specifically with data
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Constantly challenging the status quo
- Continuous-improvement mindset; always looking to be efficient
- Proactive thinker, problem identification and solutions
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Stavvy is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
See more open positions at Stavvy
Something looks off?