Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
StackHawk helps software developers find and fix security vulnerabilities before they deploy code to production. Every modern software development organization has shifted from quarterly releases to daily or hourly releases, incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). In the modern world of FinTech, HealthTech, cloud analytics and AI platforms, customers are entrusting their most critical data to software providers. Periodic manual security testing by an external team is simply too risky. Because of this, modern software development organizations are extending CI/CD to encompass Continuous Application and API Security Testing. This way, security can “shift left,” meaning vulnerabilities can be detected while the developer is actively working on the code.
StackHawk has completed its Series B fundraise, and with this funding, will continue to invest in maintaining the market-leading position in developer-first API security testing, and support rapid customer and employee growth. Application and API security is an exciting market, where more than 43% of global decision makers are looking to implement dynamic application security testing during software development, and where companies will spend more than $3B in 2023 on application security testing products - which represents a massive opportunity for StackHawk. StackHawk is building out a team of leaders and team members that will capitalize on market pull, and enable growth-phase scale of the business.
We're seeing rapid growth and looking for an Account Executive to help StackHawk further gain momentum. We’re looking for an individual who is passionate about technology, solving problems, & progressing their career in the DevOps space. You have outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal; and have a track record of giving successful presentations. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to define your success & significantly accelerate your career within a very short period of time. You will be reporting directly to our VP of Sales.
What You'll Do
- Become a Market Expert. You will dive deep into the world of software development, application security, and how those two are converging. We sell to technical buyers in an innovative space. You’ll be curious, educated, and position yourself to be a trusted advocate in the sales process.
- Drive Discovery & Deliver Value Proposition. You'll artfully complete discovery to understand the prospect's pain points, ideal solution, and determine if there's a mutual fit. You'll position StackHawk based on our unique differentiators and the benefits our customers have achieved.
- Manage Sales Process. You're familiar with BANT and MEDDIC as frameworks to continuously qualify and navigate your deals. You will guide prospects as they go through the various steps of the buyer's journey, qualifying deals, executing POCs, negotiating contracts, and closing deals within the expected timeframe.
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction. You'll be the quarterback for any prospect engagements. You will ensure that folks experience a high level of satisfaction and are delighted by their experience.
- 5+ years of closing experience - with a history of consistent quota attainment
- Experience selling developer, DevOps, AppSec, or other technical products
- Balance of a just make it happen sales personality and a thoughtful advocate of potential customers – we are seeking someone who drives revenue for the business while also leaving a positive impression on those who don’t move forward.
- Embracer of change – StackHawk is an early-stage organization, which may have unpredictable twists and turns. If you're excited by the challenge and the opportunity to build something from scratch, this is the role for you.
- Self starter – you don’t need a fully baked playbook to do your job. You're excited by the challenge of solving problems, managing your work, and holding yourself accountable
- Hunter - you’re used to building successful territories from the ground up - using outbound techniques, partner relationships, and other creative ways to identify new opportunities.
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! We take care of our employees… We’ll contribute to your WFH setup and hook you up with occasional at-home perks. Plus, work with a team that loves to have fun while doing our work!
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a Series B company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
On target earnings for this role is up to $200k - $300k annually, dependent on experience. For this position, we offer a base salary, commissions, equity, and benefits.
At StackHawk, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hawks) to do the best work of their lives. With our roots beginning in downtown Denver Colorado, we have many folks based in the Mountain time zone with the rest of our Hawks working remotely across the United States
We are also committed to keeping Hawks healthy, motivated, focused, and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
StackHawk is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!