Senior Software Engineer
Spiral scans customer support data like emails and online chats and detects emerging problems before they escalate.
Our mission is to make every company in the world customer-centric.
Many companies receive a staggering amount of customer feedback every day – so much that no human could fully comprehend it all by hand. Product managers either attempt to manually scan through thousands of reviews and customer conversations or, surprisingly often, this information is just never used. Spiral, on the other hand, scans all customer feedback in minutes using AI and provides product managers and customer support leaders with specific problems that directly impact customers. This enables businesses to fix the problems that matter most, creating a better product and a happier customer.
Founded by two former Amazonians, Spiral takes customer obsession to the next level. It provides companies with a scalable solution that shows the true north of what customers want, boosting the company’s revenue and customer satisfaction. We are a Techstars-backed company that raised $3.8M to date from world-class investors such as Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Techstars, Amazon Alexa Fund, Alumni Ventures Group, and others.
If you are driven, aren’t scared to own a large component in our stack, are excited to experiment with crazy ideas, learn quickly, and would love to join a promising fast-growing startup, come join us at Spiral to help thousands of companies make sense of their customer feedback!
- Work on developing and optimizing our AI engine that discovers insights in companies’ customer support data.
- Design and develop a multi-customer architecture for a consistent dashboard experience.
- Design and develop a continuous data pipeline for delivering new insights.
- Convert raw customer requirements into features and code.
- Surface insights from our core insight engine and prepare them for the frontend to handle.
- Deliver results to customers and constantly iterate based on their feedback.
- This is a brand new product with a new concept so being able to think of intuitive and simple ways to present complex insights to users is valued a lot!
You have some or all of the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of industry experience building production software
- Strong understanding of AWS cloud architecture and best practices
- Strong understanding of frontend web app architecture: including end-to-end integration from API to UI in frameworks like React/Angular
- Experience with software engineering practices: CI/CD, Infrastructure as Code, automated testing, monitoring production environments, build and deployment of multi-package systems
- Experience learning new skills and problem domains in order to quickly execute
- Experience designing and developing distributed systems and serverless architectures
- Experience owning features end-to-end and integrating across multiple components
- Experience with ML ops, productionizing ML models, and integrating data pipelines with product features
- Working with software architects to refine ambiguous requirements to best implement business goals
- Our tech stack is React, TypeScript, Python, and AWS, but we're open to engineers from all backgrounds!
- BS degree or higher in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability and enthusiasm to coach and mentor others!
Spiral is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you are game to come and help us make every company in the world customer-centric, then we’d love to hear from you!