Product Manager, Hoplo
We Are Spartan: Come unlock the full value of radar for safe and reliable movement of people and things!
Spartan is transforming automotive and transportation radar market into smart sensors with unparalleled capabilities and performance. Spartan combines deep expertise in radar from decades of experience in defense with Silicon Valley innovation to create a reliable sensor that will improve the safety and performance of today’s automated driving and driver-assist systems.
The Product Manager will be primarily supporting Hoplo, our aftermarket radar product intended for collision avoidance applications, primarily on industrial and commercial vehicles. The ideal candidate would have a technical background but would also have strong collaborative skills. Requires excellent problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills. Requires the ability to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment with a high level of autonomy.
Salary parameters for this role are based on experience, with a base in the $155,000 to $215,000 range. In addition, we also offer equity participation, full benefits, 401K (with match), and a 4:1 days onsite:WFH option for most roles. This position is based at our company headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA; relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Evaluate market opportunities, define the product roadmap, and recommend launch/roll-out strategy for product features.
- Work closely with Sales to understand customer needs.
- Translate customers’ needs into clearly defined technical requirements backed by data and comprehensive industry knowledge.
- Engage closely with Engineering to inform decisions that balance timing, cost, features, and performance, while staying true to the product strategy and vision.
- Serve as a cross-functional liaison that bridges engineering, business, and regulatory considerations to drive product decisions.
- Minimum 10 years’ overall leadership experience, including a minimum of 5 years in a customer-facing role
- Proven ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data, and industry trends
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs, and evaluate opportunities with internal and external partners
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple teams including Business, Sales and Engineering to meet revenue goals
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Highly organized and collaborative, with exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop a business case for additions to the product roadmap
- Understanding of/experience within the heavy-duty vehicle industry, transportation industry and/or radar systems strongly preferred
- Experience with JIRA desired, but not required
- Prior Product Management experience with complex electronics highly desirable
- Bachelor’s Degree required in an Engineering field; Master’s degree a plus
Spartan Radar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. https://spartanradar.com/privacy-policy/