Technical Director, Advanced Radar Systems
We Are Spartan: Come unlock the full value of radar for safe and reliable movement of people and things!
Spartan is transforming automotive and transportation radar market into smart sensors with unparalleled capabilities and performance. Spartan combines deep expertise in radar from decades of experience in defense with Silicon Valley innovation to create a reliable sensor that will improve the safety and performance of today’s automated driving and driver-assist systems.
As our Technical Director - Advanced Radar Systems, you will serve as the Technical Lead for a diverse team of engineers and architects. Specifically, you will be responsible for all oversight of the radar engineering department and its project and program deliverables.
Salary parameters for this role are based on experience, with a base in the $225,000 to $300,000 range. In addition, we also offer equity participation, full benefits, 401K (with match), and a 4:1 days onsite:WFH option for most roles. This position is based at our company headquarters in Los Alamitos, CA; relocation assistance is offered as needed.
- Serves as the Technical Lead for a diverse team of engineers and architects; specifically responsible for all oversight of the radar engineering department
- Designs, develops and delivers ground-breaking algorithms aimed at either autonomous or automotive platforms
- Collaborates across all levels of Engineering to ensure knowledge share and influence technical roadmap
- Develops and champions new advancement in technologies utilized to ensure continuous improvement of products and services
- Provides a strong contributing force within radar systems; helps mentor and develop others
- Deep holistic knowledge in radar (hardware, software, signal processing, algorithms, performance, test etc.)
- Has developed and delivered algorithms for automobile and/or autonomous platforms
- Proven ability to lead radar development programs
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills with experience providing technical direction across all engineering verticals (software, systems, hardware, and test)
- Comfort/experience working within a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Must possess deep technical acumen and be seen as a leading expert within radar systems
- BA/BS in an Engineering field or related discipline (Math, Physics, etc.) required; MS or PhD strongly preferred
Spartan Radar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. https://spartanradar.com/privacy-policy/