Commercial Program Manager
We are hiring a Georgia-based Program Manager to nurture and grow our business relationship with a key enterprise energy partner. This position is responsible for the programmatic success of the partnership including, but not limited to: strategic program planning, partner stakeholder engagement and communication, internal initiative prioritization, cross-functional work management, proactive identification and mitigation of risks, and deal pipeline enablement.
This is a Director-level role reporting to the AVP of Program Management, and it is a key contributor to our expanding Commercial organization. This position is perfect for someone experienced in managing a complex stakeholder environment and driving business development.
We are seeking a Program Manager based in Atlanta, Georgia.
While Sparkfund is a remote-first company, our partner would like you to spend two or three days a week working with them onsite. We also expect infrequent travel to Washington, DC or other US cities to collaborate with other members of the team, learn the ins and outs of our business, and contribute to our company culture.
- Own the programmatic success of 1-2 enterprise Sparkfund partnerships.
- Identify and mitigate any risks or issues in the partnership.
- Develop a program-specific roadmap that translates vision into executable plans, program success metrics, and commercial targets.
- Coordinate program-related initiatives and their interdependencies, prioritizing efforts that drive the most value.
- Continually reassess program progress as well as partner and internal organization priorities, adjusting plans where needed.
- Enable the program to deliver a healthy pipeline of customer opportunities.
- Monitor and track the overall profitability of the program.
- Indirectly organize and manage a cross-functional and cross-organization team responsible for delivering on our partnership scope and responsibilities.
- Manage weekly, quarterly, annual, and ad hoc reporting to key stakeholders.
- Bring lessons learned back to the larger team and help build out the tools and processes of a robust commercial organization.
- Work with internal team members to understand and report on a pipeline of opportunities.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of program management or project management experience in a B2B environment.
- Proven experience leading initiatives related to power, energy, or utilities programs and products.
- Experience crafting and delivering presentations to stakeholders at multiple levels, up through and including executives.
- Excellent communication skills (including written, verbal, and listening skills) and a keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated mental agility and ability to switch between contexts quickly.
- Experience juggling different and potentially competing priorities, corporate cultures, and preferred systems.
- Ability to think in big terms (long-term strategic planning) and small terms (understanding the nuances of ongoing project development efforts) to deliver program requirements.
- Skilled at making sound and defensible decisions in the face of incomplete information.
- Knack for building long-term, trusting relationships.
- Respect, and maintain consideration for, the often delicate relationships that salespeople (Sparkfund and our partners’ sales teams) have with their customers.
- Previous involvement in drafting commercial terms for partner or customer contracts.
- Consultative approach to relationship management and meeting preparation (organized, anticipatory, goal-oriented).
- A passionate self-starter.
- Experience translating technical and / or financial jargon into engaging content.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Project development experience in the clean energy, resilience, or energy efficiency space, including knowledge of project risks, key stakeholders, market incentives, and customer value propositions.
- Competency in software and cloud-based information management tools, including Salesforce, Google Workspace, Slack, Asana, and project management tools.
- Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund and a passion for combating climate change.
- Experience with project financing solutions including leases, loans, or energy service agreements.
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in shared ownership.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance.
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off.
- We honor all of the federal holiday, and believe in a long weekend. Sparkfund is closed every Friday before a Monday holiday as well.
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families and an additional 4 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents.
- A one-time, work-from-home stipend to help cover any equipment, hardware, etc. you need to set up your remote office.