Senior Manager / Director, Deal Structuring
Sparkfund is hiring a Deal Structuring Manager (or a Director based on the experience) who will be responsible for managing the project development process, including distilling underwriting, engineering, and customer data into compelling prices, proposals, and business cases that convey the value of Sparkfund’s offerings to the customer. This role is a part of the broader Project Development team and will work closely with the External Sales, Underwriting, Engineering, Delivery, and Legal teams. You’ll work across the organization and with external stakeholders to gather the data we need, understand the assumptions around it, ensure supporting documentation is in place, and optimize price and value proposition to craft proposals and presentations for our customers. You will be the go-to person for understanding and conveying the in’s and out’s of Sparkfund’s projects to Sparkfund’s partners and end- customers. This opportunity is perfect for someone who has experience with both the world of quantitative and qualitative challenges, has a knack for process management and organization, and is comfortable and excited about being external facing.
This position can be based remotely anywhere within the continental US, but preference will be given to applicants based in Minneapolis, Atlanta, Denver, Baltimore and the Washington, DC metro area.
● Work with external Sales, Underwriting, Engineering, Delivery, and Legal teams as a project manager to develop Sparkfund’s projects.
● Have a complete understanding of the project’s details and value proposition, pulling in our subject matter experts as needed for support during the proposal creation and presentation.
● Develop custom business case analyses that target the specific needs of each customer we are working with.
● Ensure that key diligence criteria have been satisfied on each deal you work on with our Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Delivery teams.
● Track and communicate status of deal development in order to ensure proper internal and external expectations on proposal delivery
Required Skills and Qualifications
● 3-10 years in a relevant field, such as finance, consulting, project management, operations or another quantitatively focused pursuit
● Exposure to financial and business case concepts
● Strong Excel, PowerPoint, organizational and writing skills
● Experience in translating quantitative outputs into compelling stories for customers
● Proven ability to demonstrate good judgment and composure in difficult situations
● Comfort working in quick turn environments and juggling multiple projects and priorities at once
● Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills to act in alignment with company objectives
● Fluency in software and cloud-based information management tools including Salesforce, Google Suite, Slack, and project management tools
● Dedication to what we’re building at Sparkfund and a passion for increasing access to energy efficiency across the economy
We’d love if you have
● A bachelor’s degree in a quantitatively-focused major, such as economics, finance, or engineering
● Experience with project and/or process management
● Experience with financial modeling
● Comfort explaining complex analyses, as well as their quantitative and qualitative results, to customers
● A knack for understanding customer needs and pain points from our sales team, and using this knowledge to guide thoughtful, targeted business case analysis and proposal development
● Bias toward identifying and recommending opportunities for improvement in processes, calculation methods, and customer-facing materials
● Experience in the clean energy space (or at minimum a strong desire to learn) including Distributed Energy Resources, Renewables, Energy Efficiency, Electrification, and Resiliency
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in shared ownership.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance.
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off.
- We honor all of the federal holiday, and believe in a long weekend. Sparkfund is closed every Friday before a Monday holiday as well.
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families and an additional 4 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents.
- A one-time, work-from-home stipend to help cover any equipment, hardware, etc. you need to set up your remote office.