Sparkfund is hiring a Contract Manager to oversee the full lifecycle of our commitment to our clients. Our Legal team currently manages contracting with customers, partners, vendors, contractors, and manufacturers. This role will help manage the workflow and responsibilities of Sparkfund associated with the contracting process. You will collaborate internally with the Sales, Legal, Delivery, and Operations teams. This position will report directly to the Senior Commercial Counsel. As an “in-house expert”, your responsibilities will involve interacting directly with partners, vendors, and customers; collaborating with internal teams to provide expertise and guidance on building out and improving our processes; and partnering with our Program Management and Business Development leads to optimize Sparkfund’s resources and growth track.
This position is perfect for someone who loves to solve problems, is excited about a new challenge every day, and wants to be accountable for a rapidly growing and integral part of our revenue growth.
Sparkfund is a remote company, so this role is flexible on location, though applicants should be based in the United States. We expect you to spend some time at our office in Washington, DC to collaborate with other members of the team, learn the ins and outs of our business, and contribute to our company culture. This, of course, depends on local COVID rules and regulations.
- Supervise the creation of contracts and guide the contracts through to execution.
- Provide a high level of leadership internally and externally, including delegating tasks properly and directing personnel across functions.
- Assume a critical role in the contract process, steering the contract from generation to execution.
- Coordinate with teams falling under the Chief Revenue Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Senior Commercial Counsel.
- Prepare, review, modify, and negotiate commercial contracts.
- Engage with customers, partners, vendors, and contractors to convey Sparkfund’s contractual provisions and justifications.
- Organize and maintain contracts in accordance with Sparkfund guidelines and business practices.
- Develop and implement contractual procedures and policies.
- Implement, maintain, and operate Sparkfund’s newly adopted Contract Lifecycle Management (CLM) software, ContractPodAI.
- Ensure timely and accurate execution of contracts.
- Develop negotiation strategies, support negotiations, and handle formal dispute resolutions.
- Define and optimize contract flow and approval process.
- Participate in, and sometimes lead, weekly and monthly project status meetings with project team customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience in contract management.
- Strong project management skills, which includes active supervision of your projects towards tight deadlines and also continuously developing and refining processes to improve Sparkfund’s contract management.
- Experience in understanding contracts with a general awareness of contractual provisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- A sense of diplomacy engaging with senior executives and mid-level personnel to ensure opinions and comments are considered and properly weighed.
- A track record of exceeding goals.
- Proven ability to demonstrate good judgment and composure in difficult situations and with incomplete information.
- A sense of ownership over your projects.
- Comfortable tracking and documenting details associated with multiple projects.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Paralegal Certification from an accredited university
- Experience with collaboration with Sales and Revenue teams
- Negotiation experience with commercial contracts
- Competency in software and cloud-based information management tools, including Salesforce, Google Workspace, MS 365/Office, ContractPodAI, Asana, Docusign, PowerPoint, and project management tools.
- Familiarity with an array of contract types, including financing solutions; leases, loans, reseller agreements; energy-as-a-service agreements; master services agreements; professional services and consulting agreements; and / or energy service agreements.
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in shared ownership.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance.
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off.
- We honor all of the federal holiday, and believe in a long weekend. Sparkfund is closed every Friday before a Monday holiday as well.
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families and an additional 4 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents.
- A one-time, work-from-home stipend to help cover any equipment, hardware, etc. you need to set up your remote office.