Data Analyst Intern
The goal of this internship will be to support the creation and buildout of our pricing database then subsequently analyze and develop standardized reports to empower more informed procurement decisions. Through the sourcing, architecture, and analysis of pricing data, the intern will deepen database design, data analysis and reporting skills, gain professional exposure to a growth-company environment, and quickly develop a solid understanding of clean energy technologies.
*NOTE: This is a paid internship, but note the benefits detailed in the Benefits selection below will not apply to this position.
- Assist in gathering pricing data from various, historical sources such as supplier quotes, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Populate and structure accurate pricing data within Sparkfund's internal systems and databases, ensuring data integrity and consistency.
- Conduct regular data analysis to identify trends, discrepancies, potential opportunities for cost savings or process improvements, and standout project pricing for deeper analysis.
- Assist in preparing and updating pricing reports, presentations, and other relevant documentation.
- Contribute to special projects and ad-hoc tasks as needed to support the Vendor Management team and broader organizational goals.
- Partner with the Platform Operations teams to support database design & buildout.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Finance, Engineering, or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Google Workplace and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with data transformation, database architecture, and data management.
- Must be able to commit to a full-time, 10-12 week summer internship.
- Data Warehouse experience (Google BigQuery) and BI experience (Looker)
- Interest in clean energy solutions, sustainability, and the environment is a plus.
- This will be a paid internship, commensurate with experience.
- Position is remote, no financial assistance provided for office or lodging.
- Competitive compensation and stock option plans - we believe in shared ownership.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, vision, and dental insurance; pre-tax commuter benefits; disability and life insurance.
- Flexible vacation policy that encourages ~4 weeks of paid time off.
- We honor all of the federal holiday, and believe in a long weekend. Sparkfund is closed every Friday before a Monday holiday as well.
- 8 weeks gender-neutral paid leave for caregivers when they have a new addition to their families and an additional 4 weeks of paid leave for birthing parents.
- A one-time, work-from-home stipend to help cover any equipment, hardware, etc. you need to set up your remote office.
We Want You To Know
Something looks off?