Technical Program Manager (Agile and Scrum)
Sorcero is the leading life sciences language intelligence platform. Its advanced analytics enable 40% of the top 10 global life sciences organizations to gain clarity and complete visibility on the efficacy and impact of their scientific engagement on patient outcomes. Medical affairs teams rely on Sorcero to multiply their productivity by 10x and to transform their medical strategy with real-time advanced analytics across the therapeutic landscape. Sorcero is privately-held and headquartered in Washington, DC. For more information, visit www.Sorcero.com.
WHY JOIN SORCERO? Our growth and success by collaborating with our network of passionate entrepreneurs to build a scalable, impactful organization. From flexible working arrangements to encouraging meaningful interactions with teammates across the globe, Sorcero provides a supportive community to bring out the best in each of us.
Our employees are driven by these common values:
- Pursuit of excellence and mastery of their craft
- Humility in defeat and in success
- Kindness and empathy towards others
- Desire to create large-scale, positive change
Sorcero builds AI powered solutions, combining the power of deep learning with the accuracy of ontologies to drive natural language understanding. Our platform and applications are used by top Pharma companies, scientists and researchers. A Technical Program Manager works across the Engineering organization with leadership to manage development and release of products. As a Technical Program Manager, you will be assigned to manage one or more scrum teams on an on-going basis. In a scrum team you are part of a cross functional group that is a combination of a Technical Lead(s) for specific engineering functions, a TPM, a Product Manager and more developers/engineers assigned as necessary.
A TPM at Sorcero is a member of the Program Management team, which shepherds the product development process, manages resources and the schedule for the specific Scrum product teams maintaining communication and information flow regarding the team status and the development progress. TPMs are accountable for their team and maintain accountability in their teams.
The ideal candidate will be an innovative thinker with the ability to execute quickly. Someone who thrives on developing new technology, challenging the status quo and is not afraid to ask questions. A good fit would be a Technical Program Manager who has expertise in the Life Sciences domain and a natural curiosity for big data and analytics. You will be expected to contribute to the decision making process and influence the design, functionality and application of our product line.
Keep in mind - this is a challenging domain. We make decisions fast, based on scientific facts, using advanced custom technology. We are not building standard, ordinary applications. Our products are innovative and so is our team. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to contribute meaningfully and learn a lot while having fun in the process.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Partner with the Product Manager of the team capturing their priorities and understanding deliverables.
- Act as a Scrum Master for the team following the Sorcero Agile Development process.
- Facilitate and Schedule Agile ceremonies
- Sprint Planning and Pointing exercises
- Backlog grooming
- Release planning and coordination
- Participate in Scrum of Scrums by representing their team(s)
- Help the team identify risks and provide mitigation plans
- Collaborate with other TPMs to align teams and manage dependencies
- Coordinate launch and post-launch activities with the product management team.
- Update Leadership and Business teams as necessary on progress of projects, risks and mitigation plans
- Produce meaningful metrics and data that helps assess the performance of the team in accordance to project and programs management best practices.
- Bachelor’s or Advanced degree
- Scrum Master training and fluency
- Safe Agile Methodology training and fluency
- Ability to work remotely. We have a distributed team with members across the globe. Eastern Standard (EST) time zone is preferred
- Confidence to ask questions. You will be an active contributor and business problem solver. You will be expected to understand, research and solution possible design alternatives in support of the product's success
- Highly effective communicator, with the ability to engage with all levels of management and present complicated technical concepts in layman’s terms; make the complex simple
- Effective team player and collaborator, working across Commercial, Product and Engineering business lines
- You have done enough projects to understand the Life Sciences customer or you’re able to quickly gather and decipher what problem our customers are trying to solve
- Excellent planning, analytical and interpersonal skills
Sorcero is a remote and globally distributed team. We offer a rewarding salary along with the following benefits:
- Three weeks PTO + 1 week of December holiday recess + 1 week Safe & Sick leave
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Medical, dental and vision benefits for you and your family
- Paid parental bonding leave
- 401(k) retirement plan, with 100% company match up to 5%
- Company-provided laptop and hardware
Because ∑ (human + AI) > human or AI alone
Sorcero is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, education, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.
We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.