At SonderMind, we know that therapy works. SonderMind provides accessible, personalized mental health care that produces high-quality outcomes for individuals. SonderMind's individualized approach to care starts with using innovative technology to help people not just find a therapist, but find the right, in-network therapist for them.
How you'll make an impact
SonderMind is looking to hire an analytics leader to lead a high performing team of data analysts responsible for the insights that inform operational and strategic decision-making to drive our business forward. This role will define and prioritize data analyses across many different areas of the business to generate business intelligence and recommendations for operators and build the next generation of business and product analytics at SonderMind. This individual will also work collaboratively to identify strategies to drive growth for the business, will lead a team of highly motivated and analytical individuals.
This role is ideal if you are curious, comfortable working in a dynamic and fast paced environment, and relish the opportunity to work multi-functionally to tackle complicated business problems. You should be excited about managing and developing a high-performing team. You will be expected to understand and quantify potential impact and help the business ruthlessly prioritize highest impact initiatives. You will be expected to own analyses and support areas of the business individually, along with managing your team.
You will be joining a Data Analytics team that is driven, passionate, and collaborative. Our ideal candidate should have exceptional attention to detail, strong work ethic, and critical thinking skills. You should be a committed and thoughtful people manager while also being willing to act as a player-coach, solving problems and tackling workstreams of high importance individually. You will be expected to put your stamp on the analytics team, guiding the team to next-level insights, building new ways of working and serving the business to further unlock the potential of a high-powered group of individuals.
Success looks like
- Within one month, have a clear understanding of the metrics that drive our business, and have a data-informed decision on the top 3 focus areas that will lead to improving those metrics; develop high-trust relationships with your direct reports and senior leaders at the company.
- Within two months identify gaps in the current team’s structure, ways of working or high priority projects in flight and begin building towards a more comprehensive approach; understand and own your individual work streams and drive forward progress on them.
- Within three months, develop direct relationships with execs and key leaders at the company, implement an updated analytics team operating model and set the strategy for the next 6-12 months for the analytics team to support our fast-paced growth.
What you'll do
- Lead multiple work streams across the team with dependencies on different business units
- Manage, mentor and develop analysts, and effectively prioritize work across the team
- Individually own and drive analyses, workstreams, and high priority projects
- Collaborate well throughout the organization, including with product and engineering leaders
- Communicate recommendations to senior executives
- Develop the strategy for and execute on the next chapter of analytics at SonderMind
What you'll bring with you
- Experience leading, or demonstrated capacity to lead, analytics teams from data intelligence to recommendation
- Track record of leveraging data and insights to develop ideas and move them from concept through implementation with tangible impact on operating/financial performance
- 8+ years of work experience in relevant progressive roles
- Technical proficiency in statistical analytics/data visualization/business insight tools (e.g., Looker, Tableau, Alteryx), and SQL. Python, R, Data Science, Snowflake experience
- Previous experience in an early or growth-stage startup or in a high-growth environment (particularly in digital healthcare) is a plus
- Graduate degree in business, finance, marketing, statistics, computer science, applied math, or a quantitative behavioral sciences field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
What we value
- Curious: Seek to understand and pull the thread
- Courageous: Takes action, even when uncomfortable
- Lightful: Assume positive intent in others
- Authentic: Say what you mean, mean what you say, act accordingly
- Bucketworthy: Don’t let your bucket leak
The anticipated salary range for this role is $125,000- $140,000. This role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and variable bonus plan. Actual title and compensation is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health, we are walking the walk with our employee benefits. We want the experience of working at SonderMind to accelerate people’s careers and enrich their lives, so we focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life and work.
Our benefits include:
- A commitment to fostering flexible hybrid work
- A flexible PTO policy with a minimum of three weeks off
- Therapy coverage benefits to ensure our employees have access to the care they need
- Competitive Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage with plans to meet every need, including HSA and FSA options
- Eight (8) paid company holidays and a company shut-down during the last week of the year
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected events. Not only that, we also cover the difference in salary for up to eight (8) weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid Parental Leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- 401K retirement plan with 100% matching on up to 4% of base salary
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.
Vaccination Policy: SonderMind requires all employees to be up to date with their COVID vaccination before entering our office space, the SonderMind Studio, or attending in-person meetings or events (including both indoor and outdoor).
Something looks off?