Senior Automation QA Engineer
🔑 THE KEY BITS
- Whereabouts: We are a fully remote company with distributed team members. For this role, we prioritize candidates who are based in Central or Eastern European time zones.
- Visas: We do not sponsor work visas or relocation expenses.
- Salary: TBD
- Equity: Every full-time hire at Slate receives equity in the company. Equity amount will be determined at the time of hire based on experience, seniority and role.
- Video Interviews: 1. Phone Screen with People & Culture Lead Nicole or COO/CO-Founder Will; 2. Technical Interview with QA Team Lead Vasyl, and 3. Meet the Team Interview with Senior Project & Delivery Manager Taras & another engineer TBD
*Candidates selected to advance in our process will be required to do a brief technical coding test before an initial chat
- Ideal Start Date: As soon as we find you!
- Reporting to: Vasyl Hlodan, QA Team Lead
🌟 ABOUT SLATE
Slate is a web and mobile SaaS product used by leading brands to create branded social content in real-time. We have customers from the NFL, NBA, MLB, MLS, EPL as well as some of the largest media and entertainment brands in the world. Being backed by reputable investors including Titletown Tech (associated with the Green Bay Packers) and WISE ventures (associated with the Minnesota Vikings) we have ambitious plans to grow the company and continue working on exciting new developments that will shape how our brand and products will look in the future.
🌍 OUR MISSION
Slate has big ambitions: We were born out of our Founders’ own experiences; to solve the problems all brands face today when it comes to creating content for social media. We have come together out of a passion for solving big problems, building a company based on the deeply held values we share, and to make content creation effortless for brands.
🔎 OUR VISION
Our vision is to become the undisputed leader in content creation, by uniting all parts of the creation workflow into a one-stop solution for brands.
🌠 YOUR CONTRIBUTION
In this rapidly evolving world, Slate is always looking for new ways to disrupt the status quo, go to market faster, and optimize customer experiences. We are now seeking to bring on another experienced QA Engineer who can help us execute on our QA process. The current process includes checklists, test cases, manual testing, and building automated tests. This is a full-time role and you would be joining an existing QA team. Being a part of a small, focused team, you will be working closely with our co-founding team including our CEO (based in NYC) as well as other engineers and designers. This is an ideal role for an experienced QA engineer who is looking to join a passionate team and be part of the exciting startup journey.
If this sounds like you please keep reading for more details about the role; We are looking forward to meeting you!
We’re looking for:
- Someone who is excited to join a small & growing team and is passionate about solidifying our QA practices.
- Someone who is a jack-of-all-trades.
- Someone passionate about being a QA Engineer with experience in manual & automated testing, on both web & mobile platforms.
- Someone comfortable working in a fast-paced environment without a lot of structure.
- Someone with a passion for collaboration, quick iteration, and improving the skill sets of those they work alongside.
- Someone who is able to work autonomously, is proactive, and goal oriented.
- Someone who has the capability to balance business values, code quality, and development pace.
Does this make you jump out of your seat because it describes you? If so, continue reading details of how you will contribute and then please apply so we can take this thing to the next level together!
You will be doing the following:
- Automation testing/Manual testing (Web, Mobile, Back End)
- Automated testing on Playwright, Appium, Newman, Webdriver.io
- Web UI/UX testing
- Mobile app testing on iOS & Android
- Functional and non-functional testing
- Requirement validation for completeness and testability
- Test case/checklist creation and maintenance
- Test coverage levels (smoke, full regression testing)
- Self-organizing work style
- Curious, helpful, asking questions
- Visible remote work results approach
📬 WE'D LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU IF YOU MEET THESE QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Web, Mobile and API testing
- Knowledge of different testing methods, techniques, and types
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Problem-solving abilities and passion to learn new things
- Knowledge of software development methodology and software lifecycle processes
- Experience with Agile and Scrum
- Able to work and communicate positively and respectfully with others to be a team player
- You’re good at navigating and shaping the dynamics of a rapidly-growing company with a remote-first culture: quickly adapting when priorities change and making conscious tradeoffs with incomplete information.
- English language: Upper-Intermediate Level or better for reading, writing, and speaking
You also approach work in a way that emphasizes our values:
- 🧑🤝🧑 #PeopleFirst: We put people first, and care about the personal well being of our colleagues. We go above and beyond for our customers and each other.
- ⛰️ #EmbraceAdventure: We are excited to take on new challenges, grow, and change in a fast changing environment. A willingness to pitch in and get outside of your comfort zone will help us thrive.
- 🚀 #Innovate to be Great: We're creative, innovative, & think BIG! We’re a unique company blazing our own path. We got to where we are through creativity and innovation and are only confined by our notions of what is possible.
- 🙋♀️ #Win or Lose, Wear It: Celebrate your successes but also own your failures.
- 🤝 #Stronger Together: We are a team dedicated to collaboration and transparency. We keep lines of communication open and realize that we can only win if we work together.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- 🏡 Fully remote - work where you want
- 🕰 Flex hours - we just ask you be available for core meetings
- 📈 Equity options
- 🌏 Unlimited PTO policy - we mean it and encourage you to take it
- 🩺 Medical, Dental, Vision Benefit stipend
- 💝 Health and Wellness monthly stipend
- 🏝 Company offsites and local meetups
- 🖥 Home office budget or co-working space allowance
- 🌱 Learning and Development Support
- 👨👨👧👧 Work with an Amazingly Fun and Collaborative Team!!
🌈 We support DEIB initiatives and strongly encourage women and those in traditionally underrepresented groups to apply even if you don’t check all boxes. If this job interests you and you think you have what it takes, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
🏆 Fun Fact: Slate was named to Fast Company's list of the World’s Most Innovative Companies for 2022 as No. 2 in the video category!
👉 View our our website: https://slateteams.com for more information about us!
… WE LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU.