Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Monday, October 30, 2023
Are you a talented devops engineer keen on making a tangible difference in healthcare access? Dive into Sesame, a transformative platform striving to redefine the healthcare experience for millions of Americans. Sesame is the home for Americans who have been priced out of the traditional healthcare system. Whether they are uninsured or burdened by high-deductible insurance, the Sesame marketplace brings millions of Americans access to the healthcare they need at a fraction of the typical price.
Customers on our platform love that they can get high-quality care quickly and easily for a fair price. We’re working with doctors who share our vision for giving people a better way to get the care they need without the stress, frustrations, and financial challenges of the current healthcare system.
We have raised $75 million in capital from leading investors including GV, General Catalyst, and Industry Ventures, and we continue to invest in scaling our marketplace!
Engineering at Sesame
Want to help? Join our team! We are growing and looking for an experienced devops engineer. Our system has high quality CI/CD, terraform and IAC of several flavors and overall is in very good shape, but we do not currently have devops as a dedicated function.
Traits we look for:
- Comfortable with the infrastructure portion of our tech stack - Kubernetes in GCP/GKE, Postgres, Node, Java and Terraform
- You communicate the what, how and why clearly so your peers can learn from you
- You seek and prefer simple solutions to complex problems
- You strive to write clean, robust infrastructure as code and enjoy doing it
- You maintain a healthy balance between perfectionism and actually getting stuff done
- You love managing infrastructure. You have 5+ years of industry experience
- You are a strong team player, have strong writing skills, and enjoy collaborating with others
- You are attuned to the uptime requirements and experience for a consumer product
Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our customers, our partners, and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. We are an organization that values radical candor and believe that product-defining ideas can come from anywhere.
We also offer:
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Generous, flexible vacation policy
- A fun and international work environment with teams in New York and Europe (Berlin, Germany)
- The opportunity to work independently and remotely
- The chance to learn first-hand about the biggest industry in the world
Sesame is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.