Director, Human Resources
Scipher Medicine is developing an exciting portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases. Most patients who are prescribed blockbuster therapies today don’t respond to the treatment. Scipher's platform identifies which drug will work based on the patient's fundamental disease biology, and not based on symptoms, disease classification, or medical bias. A simple test predicts which drug he/she will respond to, ensuring that most optimal treatment is prescribed from day one. The molecular data generated by our tests is then used to fuel novel target discovery to address a clear unmet medical need in patients who do not respond to any existing therapy.
Scipher Medicine is seeking a Director, Human Resources to join our fast-growing team. In this role, you will be reporting to the Chief People Officer. As part of our growing team and company, the Director, Human Resources will be heavily involved in creating and driving the strategy, new systems, methodologies and best practices for Scipher Medicine.
Who You Are
You are a creative innovative thinker who knows what excellence looks like and you want to take part in building an incredible organization.
What You'll Do
Partnering closely with the Chief People Officer, the Director of HR will help to drive a culture of Performance within Scipher and aligning programs and processes to the corporate values, thriving in change, risk-taking, teamwork, quality, and speed.
Along with the CPO, the Director will be help to establishing and maintaining best-practice, efficient, and effective human resource services, to include performance management, talent acquisition, employee relations, benefits administration, internal communication, and company events
- Implement and coordinate effective human resource management systems, processes, and standards in accordance with business strategies and objectives.
- Collaborate as a strategic partner to define the long-term strategic HR roadmap; identify creative ways to cascade and promote this vision within the organization.
- Implement new HR programs (compensation, benefits, insurance, safety, training, recruitment) and strategic initiatives aligned with company culture and industry best practices.
- Identify best practices for reporting of HR metrics that support business goals and objectives.
- Work with leaders to establish methods and strategies for retention of top talent
- Help to expand our total rewards strategy that aligns employee rewards with Scipher corporate values and enables the organization to attract, reward, and retain talent.
- Works closely with the Chief People Officer on executive and director compensation analyses, program design and preparation of materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
- Light recruiting responsibilities.
- This role is a hybrid, remote and in office role, candidates must be able to commute to Waltham, MA location.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of progressive experience in compensation, benefits, and HR systems/applications.
- Experience in small startup/growth trajectory organizations preferred
- Prefer prior experience with Total Rewards and/or Compensation.
- Prior experience leading HR projects (e.g., system implementations, compensation, and benefit cycles, etc.) with strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to complete a broad range of related action items.
- Must be a strong analytical skills and detail orientation
- Track record of great interpersonal skills that result in strong collaboration within the HR team, employees, compensation committee members and external partners.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Something looks off?