Senior Biostatistician/Data Scientist
Scipher Medicine is a Boston based venture backed life science company developing a portfolio of personalized medicine solutions in complex diseases with a focus in autoimmunity. Harnessing our powerful proprietary Network Medicine platform, developed by our academic co-founders from Harvard Medical School/Brigham and Women’s Hospital and the Center for Complex Network Research at Northeastern University, we interpret patients’ genomic data to gain unique insights into their disease biology to enable optimal treatment pathway and therapy selection. Our proprietary blood tests predict response to existing therapies ensuring right drug is prescribed from day one, and molecular and clinical outcomes data from tested patients is leveraged in payer and provider partnerships. Currently Scipher is focusing on rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel disease and plans to expand into other autoimmune diseases in the near future.
We are a team of highly motivated experts in our fields creating change for patients, doctors, and you. At Scipher we encourage our teams to take big swings, over communicate, and take personal accountability. We are disrupting and transforming healthcare and life sciences, join our team of high performers and help us change healthcare forever!
As part of the Scipher team you will work with a team of Data Scientist reporting up to the Chief Technology Officer. You will collaborate across the technology organization with other Scientists gathering the data to help Scipher rapidly penetrate the market.
The Data Science team is an integral part of the Scipher organization. As the Data Scientist you will work cross functionally supporting the commercial team and Medical Affairs to apply statistical methods and machine learning algorithms on clinical and real-world data to generate evidence across the organization.
What will I do?
- Lead and complete advanced data analytics projects related to clinical trials and real-world studies
- Work with varied data types, including insurance claims data, electronic health records, clinical study data, and multi-omics sequencing data
- Apply data visualization tools and implement dashboard solutions that translate data into useful information for decision-makers
- Apply advanced statistical techniques including multivariate analysis, propensity score multiple imputation methods, Monte Carlo simulation to analyze large real-world datasets to deliver testable hypothesis
- Design and implement real-world evidence studies
- Summarize and communicate results to project teams and contribute to decision-making
- Contribute to high-quality documents and scientific publications
- Partner methodically and in an organized and timely manner to produce high-quality data analysis, minimizing errors
- Contributes toward a collaborative environment among multi-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions and generate scientific evidence
Education and Qualifications
- REQUIRED: PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Data Science, or a relevant field with 2-5 years’ experience
- Relevant experience in processing and analyzing real-world data is a plus
- Skilled in machine learning and statistical analysis
- Proficiency in coding (R and python are preferable)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
Scipher is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Something looks off?