Director, Government Contracts
Berkeley, CA, USA · Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, September 15, 2023
We're hiring a Director of Government Contracts and Compliance who will play a vital role in ensuring the financial integrity and regulatory compliance of the organization. This position offers the opportunity to work in a fascinating R&D space with incredible potential. Read on!
- Government Contracts and Compliance:
- Liaison with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA), Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), Administrative Contracting Officer (ACO) and National Lab auditors.
- Coordinate with external auditors during the MAAR 6, Annual Audit and Incurred Cost Audit and respond to their inquiries and requests.
- Guide financial decisions and protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; consult on new or changing business transactions to ensure proper accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP and FAR/ DFARS/ CAS.
- Conduct periodic audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls and recommend improvements where necessary.
- Oversee the implementation and maintenance of effective internal controls to safeguard company assets, ensure accurate financial records, and comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop and update accounting policies and procedures in line with industry standards and regulatory requirements.
- US Government Estimating and Cost Proposals:
- Create the cost proposals by working the stakeholders from Procurement, Legal, Contracts and Business Units.
- Utilize various agencies cost templates from DARPA, DOE, DOD and prime contractors
- Develop indirect rate structure that allows for flexibility for a R&D organization and submit updates to provisional billing rates and Forward Pricing Rates.
- Ensure consistency with US Government cost accounting practices and align practices with FAR and CAS
- Support due diligence inquiries from customers
- Financial Reporting and Analysis:
- Prepare and review reporting requirements such as SF425 and Annual Incurred Cost Submissions.
- Conduct financial analysis and provide insights into key performance indicators (KPIs), variances, and trends to support strategic decision-making by senior management.
- Organizational expert in Cost Accounting and Project Set-up.
- Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Assist in the development of the annual budget and long-term financial forecasts, working closely with department heads to gather relevant information and ensure alignment with strategic objectives.
- Monitor budgetary performance throughout the year, analyzing actual results against budgeted expectations and providing insightful variance analysis.
- Collaborate with operational teams to develop accurate and meaningful financial forecasts, highlighting risks and opportunities for senior management's consideration.
- Team Leadership and Development:
- Central Authority for Rigetti on US Government contracting.
- Ability to communicate standards, and laws to senior leadership to ensure buying of practices.
- Foster a collaborative and positive work environment, encouraging teamwork, knowledge sharing, and continuous improvement.
- Stay updated with industry trends, best practices, and regulatory changes to enhance the team's technical expertise and ensure compliance.
Proxies for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field.
- CPA or equivalent certification.
- Experience with international organizations that utilize multiple subsidiaries
- Strong understanding of indirect rate calculations, FAR/DFARS, CAS, and GAAP accounting
- Strong business partnership skills.
- 15+ years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, or audit, preferably at a US Government contractor or DCAA.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, financial reporting, internal controls, and regulatory compliance.
- Proficiency in financial analysis, budgeting, and forecasting techniques.
- Experience with NetSuite, Daston, Concur, Expensify, and other standard accounting tools.
- Proven team leadership and management.
- Experience leading auditors, external parties and coordinating inter and intra team resources with good communication.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment.
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups are encouraged.
Rigetti Computing is a pioneer in full-stack quantum computing. The company has operated quantum computers over the cloud since 2017 and serves global enterprise, government, and research clients through its Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services platform. The company’s proprietary quantum-classical infrastructure provides ultra-low latency integration with public and private clouds for high-performance practical quantum computing. Rigetti has developed the industry’s first multi-chip quantum processor for scalable quantum computing systems. The company designs and manufactures its chips in-house at Fab-1, the industry’s first dedicated and integrated quantum device manufacturing facility. Rigetti was founded in 2013 by Chad Rigetti and today employs more than 180 people with offices in the United States, U.K., and Australia. Learn more at www.rigetti.com.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.