Quantum Engineer, Circuit Theory
Berkeley, CA, USA · Fremont, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, September 14, 2023
As a Quantum Engineer, Circuit Theory, you will use theory and simulation tools to guide improvements to Rigetti Computing’s superconducting qubit chip designs. Building physics models that apply practical considerations to circuit quantum electrodynamics, you will continuously increase our understanding of how circuit layouts relate to qubit behavior. Your work will directly enable the design of larger and more performant quantum processors.
- Build physics models that predict qubit functionality and performance from circuit design.
- Perform numerical simulations to test models and new chip design ideas.
- Apply learnings to improve design software for more accurate and informative predictions.
- Design and layout current and future quantum processors.
- Guide the evolution of circuit designs toward better coherence and lower gate errors.
- PhD in Physics/Applied Physics/EE/CS.
- Deep understanding of circuit quantum electrodynamics and superconducting qubits such as transmons.
- Strong coding skills in Python.
- Experience using commercial EM solvers (HFSS, COMSOL, CST) and CAD tools.
- Track record of meaningful accomplishments in physics or engineering.
Nice to Have
- Direct experience modeling superconducting systems (electromagnetic and/or quantum mechanical).
- Software experience in a professional environment.Experience with RFIC design and automation.
- Experience modeling superconducting logic schemes such as RSFQ.
- Prior technical role in an industry or start-up environment.
- Leadership or management experience.
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups are encouraged.
Rigetti Computing is a pioneer in full-stack quantum computing. The company has operated quantum computers over the cloud since 2017 and serves global enterprise, government, and research clients through its Rigetti Quantum Cloud Services platform. The company’s proprietary quantum-classical infrastructure provides ultra-low latency integration with public and private clouds for high-performance practical quantum computing. Rigetti has developed the industry’s first multi-chip quantum processor for scalable quantum computing systems. The company designs and manufactures its chips in-house at Fab-1, the industry’s first dedicated and integrated quantum device manufacturing facility. Rigetti was founded in 2013 by Chad Rigetti and today employs more than 180 people with offices in the United States, U.K., and Australia. Learn more at www.rigetti.com.
Don't see the job you want? Apply here so we can keep in touch with you when the right role opens up in the future!
Export Licensing Compliance
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws and regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note that any offer for employment may be conditioned on authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export control laws and regulations without sponsorship for an export license. In order to ensure compliance, Rigetti must determine U.S. citizenship or U.S. visa/immigration status of all prospective applicants for this position.
Any citizenship information provided will be reviewed solely for export control compliance purposes. Only applicants eligible to receive export-controlled items, software, technology, and information will be considered for this position. Citizenship information will be handled in accordance with Rigetti’s policies prohibiting discrimination based upon classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Rigetti is committed to full compliance with applicable anti-discrimination laws. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We strive to create an inclusive work environment and will not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.