Accounting & Finance
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2023
Join our team at Rigetti Computing, an exciting and growing company at the forefront of quantum computing. As a member of the Accounting team, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to our success as we build the world’s most powerful computers to solve the world’s most pressing problems. As Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial data, managing certain general ledger accounts while utilizing NetSuite to support accounting function. Your expertise and attention to details will be critical contributions to maintenance of accurate financial records and compliance to financial regulations.
Hybrid schedule located in Berkeley California. This role reports to the Senior Manager, Accounting.
Job responsibilities include general ledger accounting in NetSuite, account reconciliations, and SOX compliance.
What You'll Be Doing
- Month-end Closing: Prepare journal entries and accruals. Reconcile accounts ensuring that all transactions are appropriately classified and documented. Ensure accuracy of sub-ledgers and supporting documentation. Reconcile and resolve discrepancies in account balances (e.g. reconcile bank, credit card, and certain balance sheet accounts). Collaborate with the Accounting team to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting.
- Fixed Assets: Own fixed assets accounting. Maintain fixed assets schedules, calculate and record depreciation and ensuring accuracy of fixed assets roll forward.
- Financial Reporting: Assist in preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements. Help identify trends and variances.
- SOX: Support ongoing process improvements and participate in regular reviews and assessments of key control activities within area of responsibility to ensure compliance with SOX requirements.
- Audit: Support the quarterly review and annual audit by preparing schedules and gathering supporting documentation.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Collaborate with other departments, such as Purchasing and Human Resources, to collect and validate financial data, resolve issues, improve processes, and ensure smooth workflow and effective communication.
- Ad hoc Projects: Participate in special projects and initiatives as assigned such as system upgrades, process automation, or financial analysis.
Qualifications for Success
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Proven experience as an Accountant or in a similar role
- Proficiency in using NetSuite and understanding of its accounting modules
- Understanding of accounting principles, financial reporting, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment
- Years of Experience : 3 - 5
- Experience working for a public company a plus
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule during monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings
As engineering leaders, we value diversity and are committed to building a culture of inclusion to attract and engage innovative thinkers. Our technology, meant to serve all of humanity, cannot succeed if those who built it do not mirror the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from women, minorities, and other under-represented groups are encouraged.