Financial Reporting Manager
Accounting & Finance
Berkeley, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Rigetti Computing went public in March of 2022 and as a result have been growing our internal capabilities. This role will be pivotal in supporting a healthy, compliant and trusted public company.
This is a high visibility role that is the subject matter expert on GAAP and SEC reporting requirements. This role will also partner and collaborate with cross functional teams across the organization in a financial planning capacity.
This role reports to the Corporate Controller and works in close partnership with our research and development, HR, Accounting, and Legal teams to assist in planning, budgeting and reporting of internal and external financial statements and metrics.
What You'll Be Doing
- Help facilitate reporting of company’s internal and external financials including leading the preparation and filings of Forms 10-Q, 10-K, and 8-K.
- Be responsibility for all technical accounting and disclosures, including research and preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Develop and maintain global accounting policies, advise on operational changes arising from new GAAP and SEC rules, and ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP.
- Build in-house expertise and act as a key research point of contact on complex accounting matters including warrants, purchase price accounting, revenue recognition, leases, impairment assessments, and financial instruments.
- Follow emerging accounting issues and proactively analyze their impact on the Company’s results and financial position; lead implementation of new accounting standards.
- Support the corporate budgeting, forecasting and long-term planning processes including departmental expense budgets, revenue forecasts, Capex budgets, headcount and employee costs analysis.
- Work closely with accounting team on the month-end close process and prepare actual versus budget reports
- Prepare Audit Committee and Board packs with the Controller and CFO.
- Facilitate monthly meetings with business teams to review budget vs actuals and initiate clear action plans for remediation of overages.
- Assist with preparation of project financials and facilitate meetings with project managers.
- Support all SOX compliance efforts and ensure a robust internal controls structure and compliance with SOX.
Proxies & Requirements for Success
- A CPA license or equivalent required
- 2-3+ years experience working for a reputed public accounting firm, preferably a Big 4 accounting firm
- 3+ years of related experience with an understanding of GAAP financial statements
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills with a methodical, data-driven approachAdvanced Excel (VLOOKUP/Index Match, SUMIFS, pivot tables, etc.), data visualization, and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting, key performance indicators, and variance analysis
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with hardware and software company preferred
- Hands-on experience with Adaptive insights and NetSuite valued
- Ability to self-start; experience working in an ambiguous environment, including rolling up your sleeves to complete complex business analysis and operating at depth
- A strong business acumen and ability to articulate metrics and reports in a simple manner
See more open positions at Rigetti Computing
Something looks off?