About the Role:
Reporting to the Sr. Director of Finance & Accounting, this role will fully own the payroll function including payroll processing, accounting, reporting, compliance, payroll tax filings, and employee support. This is a remote part-time role (est. 50–80%) with full benefits.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for 120+ US employees located in ~30 states, including review of employee setup and variance analysis reporting
- Ensure appropriate payroll accounting and monthly account reconciliations
- Manage state payroll tax filings across ~30 states, including state set-up and closure as necessary
- Manage 401k contributions, annual audit, enrollments and terminations
- Own the payroll process and act as the primary point of contact for payroll-related questions
- Maintain compliance with government regulations and company policies
- Support annual financial statement audit for payroll-related requests
- Process year-end W-2’s for employees and other year-end filings
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements leading to best practice operations
- Assist with administration of employee benefits, leaves of absence, and other areas as needed
- 4+ years of payroll experience across multiple states
- Strong understanding of payroll processes, procedures, and best practices
- Experience with payroll systems including settings, reporting, and optimizations (Rippling experience preferable)
- Knowledge of federal (and state/local) payroll tax and employment regulations and laws
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and process driven
Travel: Travel is not required with this role.
$38.00/Hourly - $48.00/Hourly
All offered salaries are based on many factors, including experience in a similar role and geographic location of the candidate.
RealSelf is a values and performance-driven team that shares a common purpose of achieving our mission of empowering people to make smart, confident self-improvement decisions. We believe in inclusiveness, equal pay, and giving back. Our office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their (well-behaved) dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make the experience of choosing a procedure and connecting with the right doctor easy, personal, and trusted. Since 2006 our authentic reviews, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped tens of millions of people explore their options, from skincare to laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors, we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our RealSelf Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.