In the time it takes you to read this job description, RapidSOS will have handled ~1,380 emergencies.
At RapidSOS, we are committed to using technology to build a safer, stronger future and working together to save lives. We’re in an exciting phase of growth, welcoming new members from across the globe to our mission-driven, ambitious, and inclusive team. Our work is founded on our values of trust and safety, pioneering, urgency, and purpose over pride, all of which support a company culture where people can innovate, collaborate, grow, and, above all, make an impact. If that sounds like an exciting opportunity, we want to hear from you!
At RapidSOS, we are empowering safer, stronger communities with faster, data-driven emergency response. In partnership with public safety, RapidSOS created the world’s first intelligent safety platform that securely links life-saving data from 500+ million connected devices, apps and sensors and 90+ technology partners directly to RapidSOS Safety Agents, 911, and first responders globally. The platform is used by over 15,000+ first responder agencies and supports 165+ million emergencies each year. When people need help during an unsafe moment or an emergency, their connected device, home or building that is RapidSOS Ready, delivers essential data to the right place, when it matters most.
What this role is about:
As the VP of People, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and nurturing the RapidSOS company culture, while driving initiatives that attract, retain, and develop top talent. You’ll spearhead the development and execution of strategies and programs that align with the company’s values, goals and growth trajectory across the employee lifecycle, creating an environment for team members to learn, grow and thrive across the organization. In your role, you’ll partner closely with leaders across the company on people-related best practices, driving a high performance culture, and lead a team of highly dedicated and passionate individuals across talent acquisition and people operations.
What you’ll do:
- Strategy: Develop and implement forward-looking People strategies that support short-term and long-term business goals.
- Culture Development: Lead the development and maintenance of a vibrant and inclusive company culture that reflects our values and supports team member engagement, well-being, and retention.
- Talent Acquisition: Oversee the end-to-end recruitment process, working closely with hiring managers to attract and onboard exceptional talent.
- Performance Management: Design and implement performance management systems that facilitate continuous feedback, goal setting, and professional development to drive individual and organizational growth.
- Employee Relations and Engagement: Foster positive employee relations through proactive communication, conflict resolution, and initiatives that promote a supportive and collaborative work environment. Drive employee engagement initiatives, events, and recognition programs. Implement strategies to retain top performers through effective talent management and career development programs.
- Total Rewards: Lead total rewards program, including compensation philosophy, annual compensation review process, equity management, and benefits renewals.
- Business Partnership: Build strong relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders as a trusted advisor and provide insight and recommendations on people-related issues.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI): Champion DEI initiatives, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and empowered to contribute their best.
- Metrics and Analytics: Establish key People metrics and utilize data-driven insights to measure the effectiveness of initiatives, identify trends, and make informed decisions. Oversee people analytics program that draws novel insights from well-structured, clean data.
- Policies and procedures: Create policies, and procedures that are innovative and support a best-in-class company culture, enabling team members to bring their best to work every day. Continuously evaluate and optimize processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
What we’re looking for in our ideal candidate:
- 10+ years of experience in a People function, preferably with experience leading and scaling teams and processes in high growth companies; or, 10+ years of consulting experience with focus on people and organization work
- Passion for people & culture development and has determination to lead a diverse and inclusive approach to our people practices
- Strong analytical skills, with passion and interest in leading a human-first, data-driven function
- Experience leading, influencing, and driving results with stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build rapport and trust with stakeholders
- Experience quickly diagnosing challenges, strategizing solutions and implementing change in a high-velocity environment
- Understanding of employment laws, compliance, best practices, and industry trends
- High level of integrity and confidentiality - this person will be the confidant to members of our team
- Bachelor's required; MBA or Master's degree in a related field is a plus
- Lives in or willing to relocate to one of RapidSOS core locations: New York City (Headquarters), Boston, or San Francisco, with preference for NYC-based candidates; ability to travel to HQ as needed and be in office at least 2-3 days per week for NYC-based candidates (with flexibility)
What we offer:
- The chance to work with a passionate team on solving one of the largest challenges globally
- Competitive salary and benefits and equity participation
- A dynamic, flexible and fun start-up work environment with a highly talented team
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out https://rapidsos.com/blog/
Starting pay for a successful applicant will depend on a variety of job-related factors, which may include experience, relevant skills, training, education, location, business needs, or market demands. The salary range for this role is $200,000 - $240,000. This role will also be eligible to receive equity options. #LI-Hybrid
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here: https://rapidsos.com/privacy/california/
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Interested in the role but you don’t meet 100% of the requirements? We’d love to hear from you! We encourage you to apply; we’d be excited to see if your unique skill set and experience could be a match.