Senior Program Manager
About the Company
Phase Four is developing the next generation of in-space propulsion for the rapidly expanding space economy. From large constellations in low earth orbit to new missions and cutting-edge capabilities, our team is the key to mission success. We are focused, innovative and passionate about space. And above all else, we work together to get the job done.
Join us at Phase Four as we design, build and deliver the next generation of in-space propulsion and change the way humanity moves in space.
As Senior Program Manager, you will manage one or more of Phase Four’s government programs developing new capabilities based on Phase Four’s core propulsion technology. You will be the primary point of contact for our government customers and will manage and coordinate a multi-disciplinary team to deliver propulsion capabilities on time and on budget. The programs you will manage will be the first of their kind, and focused on providing breakthrough mobility and maneuverability to national security and civil science missions.
- Management of one or more government programs, ensuring completion of program milestones and deliverables
- Development of management plans, schedules, requirements, metrics, and budgets to drive success of government programs
- Work alongside technical leads to plan and coordinate engineering personnel and resources
- Act as primary interface for external (customers, subcontractors) and internal (engineering, operations, finance & accounting) stakeholders to ensure program success
- Lead internal and external program reviews and meetings
- Routinely report on program schedule, resources, cost, risks, and technical performance to senior and e executive team
- Assist with proposal efforts to capture new and follow-on funding for advanced development programs
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, or related fields
- 5 years of experience in program management or project engineering within the aerospace industry
- Experience managing a highly technical program involving aerospace hardware
- Experience working directly with DoD or IC program offices
- Experience with subcontractor management and supplier oversight/direction
- Experience with government contracts and regulations (FAR/DFARS)
- Demonstrated proficiency with program management tools such as MS Project and Jira
- Must be an effective verbal communicator with strong technical writing skills
- Active Secret clearance
- Over 7 years experience in program management or project engineering
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Experience in capture management and proposal development
- Experience in space industry, particularly in-space propulsion experience or other satellite hardware
- Experience with cradle to grave (contract signing to contract completion) program management in applied research, R&D, or product development
- Experience with hardware development/delivery for US government customers (DoD/NASA)
- Experience working in a fast-paced, startup-like environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- $158,000 - $200,000 USD
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation policy, and a collaborative and fun work environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.