About the Company
Join us at Phase Four as we deliver cutting edge electric propulsion to thousands of spacecraft over the next decade. We enable large constellations of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) and beyond. Our plasma thruster enables new missions for satellites with next-generation propellants, while eliminating the primary failure points of legacy technologies.
The engineering team is growing to support multiple programs and scale production capabilities across Phase Four’s product lines. The Test Engineer will build test plans, procedures, and test infrastructure while also executing critical testing in a timely manner.
- Ownership of test plans and procedures supporting all programs
- Analysis, summarization, and distribution of test data and results with the technical teams
- Design for novel test fixtures, test setups, and test stands to be used for production in addition to research and development
- Design and build structures, fluid systems, mechanisms, and integration of test stands
- Train production team on the execution of test operations
- Execute initial production tests in addition to executing research and development tests as needed.
- Lead anomaly investigations and work toward resolution
- Ensure testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards.
- Bachelor's Degree related to the fields of Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 5+ years of experience related to the design, build, and test of space propulsion systems and related support hardware
- Demonstrated ability to design, build and operate test setups including: instrumentation, data acquisition, electrical and wire harnesses, pressure gas systems, gas sublimation, high voltage electrical systems, strain gauges, deflection gauges, accelerometers
- CAD proficiency
- Familiarity with high vacuum chamber testing and operations
- Strong proficiency in data acquisitions and controls
- Basic programming skills (Python and/or MATLAB preferred)
- Experience with fluid and pressurized systems related to in-space propulsion systems
- Advanced communication skills for both internal and external communications and collaboration on technical diagrams, drawings and reports
- Master's degree or higher related to the fields of Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Prior experience with EP systems and related support hardware
- Advanced programming skills (Python)
- Familiarity with terminal / command line usage
- Prior experience with Jira / Confluence, Solidworks (& PDM), Grafana
- Root cause corrective action and anomaly resolution experience
- $100,000 - $140,000 USD
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation policy, and a collaborative and fun work environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.