Join us at Phase Four as we deliver cutting edge electric propulsion to thousands of spacecraft over the next decade. We enable large constellations of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) and beyond. Our plasma thruster enables new missions for satellites with next-generation propellants, while eliminating the primary failure points of legacy technologies.
At Phase Four we are focused on delivering innovative propulsion solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow's satellite constellations. As Phase Four's Quality Engineer, you will be responsible for driving the quality management system within Phase Four — from defining and optimizing the internal processes to problem solving hardware nonconformances and devising actions to address root cause. The Quality Engineer will have the opportunity to set the tone for maturing our quality practices within the company.
- Support Maxwell product fabrication from assembly through testing
- Establish standard receiving and work inspection practices
- Perform dimensional inspection on internally/externally manufactured hardware
- Lead a team of inspectors who perform inspections
- Support configuration management and drawing standardization
- Review work instruction, process development, standard rework/repair documentation
- Perform in-process build verification and develop final assembly inspection checklists
- Control quarantined nonconforming hardware
- Create non-conformance reports and drive root cause/corrective action, etc.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Manufacturing, Materials Management, and Production teams to ensure all company objectives can be met
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or other STEM field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience acting as a Quality Engineer at a fast-paced manufacturing company
- Extensive experience interfacing with design engineering, manufacturing, production, and test personnel
- In-depth knowledge of aerospace manufacturing/complex assembly practices and typical quality processes/controls
- Working knowledge of typical PDM, MES, and QMS software
- Proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management
- Well-versed in process development and first-time quality efforts
- Working knowledge of product development methodologies such as Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Production Process Verification (PPV)
- New product introduction (NPI) of hardware system into a manufacturing, test, and production system with proven success
- Familiarity with inspection tools and methods
- Understanding of AS9100/ISO9001 applications and practices for an aerospace program
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team
- $90,000 - $120,000 USD
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation policy, and a collaborative and fun work environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.