About the job
Join us at Phase Four as we deliver cutting edge electric propulsion to thousands of spacecrafts over the next decade. We enable large constellations of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) and beyond, both for commercial and government entities. Our plasma thruster enables new missions for satellites with next-generation propellants, while eliminating the primary failure points of legacy technologies.
At Phase Four we are focused on delivering innovative propulsion solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow's satellite constellations. As Phase Four's Quality Inspector, you will be responsible for inspecting internally/externally manufactured hardware and verifying part conformity. The Quality Inspector will have the opportunity to define & optimize the quality management system within Phase Four.
- Perform dimensional inspection on internally/externally manufactured hardware
- Perform detailed in-process inspections on electrical and mechanical assemblies, using drawings, CAD models, and established processes to verify conformance to requirements
- Support the control of nonconforming hardware, failure/root cause analysis, corrective & preventative processes.
- Support development of final assembly inspection checklists
- Ensure adherence to QMS policy and procedures within the build work centers
- Maintain strict material handling practices in accordance with good practice and procedures
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Quality, Materials Management, and Production teams to ensure all company objectives can be met
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of precision, mechanical or electronics inspection experience
- Experience using various measuring tools (calipers, micrometers, CMM etc.)
- Understanding of ANSI/AIAA S-080A-2018 or AFSPCMAN 91-710 specifications
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with GD&T and use of metrology tools and gauges
- Experience with the control of nonconforming hardware
- Ability to effectively communicate with cross functional teams (design engineering, manufacturing, production, and test)
- Self-starter that has demonstrated the ability to define and own a process from scratch and roll out that process through adept communication to a diverse team
- Experience with AS9100 or other ISO 9001-based QMS standard (e.g., ISO 13485, IATF 16949).
- Knowledgeable with IPC standards such as IPC-A-610 & IPC-A-620
- Experience managing & handling products that require Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
- Strong computer skills, including familiarity with the Microsoft suite
- $30 - $40 USD
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation policy, and a collaborative and fun work environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.