Fluid Systems Engineer
Join us at Phase Four as we deliver cutting edge electric propulsion to thousands of spacecraft over the next decade. We enable large constellations of satellites in low earth orbit (LEO) and beyond, both for commercial and government entities. Our plasma thruster enables new missions for satellites with next-generation propellants, while eliminating the primary failure points of legacy technologies. Phase Four is in a rapid growth stage where mid to senior level experience is desired - join us!
At Phase Four we are focused on delivering innovative propulsion solutions to meet the needs of tomorrow's satellite constellations. As a Phase Four Lead Fluids Systems Engineer, you will be supporting the development, design, manufacturing and delivery of the fluid management system as part of our electric and chemical propulsion solutions product This role will additionally support conceptualization and continual improvement.
- Concept-to-production of fluid management systems as well as required support equipment to facilitate the bring-up and delivery of qualified flight hardware with aggressive delivery schedules.
- To be successful in this role good project and team management skills are necessary including supplier evaluation and management, scheduling and resource allocation, and budget tracking.
- Develop strong working relationships with Engineering, Manufacturing, Production teams to support team and organizational goals
- Perform other duties as required in support of company needs.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Fluid Dynamics.
- 5+ years hands-on relevant propulsion system engineering and fluid systems experience.
- Extensive team building/leading experience in relevant roles.
- Extensive experience designing, building and operation of fluid assemblies and components (i.e., test panels, propellant management systems and components, instrumentation).
- Extensive working experience with 3D modeling/design platforms (Solidworks, ANSYS, etc).
- Prior experience working with RCCA/RCA quality efforts in support of rigorous QMS processes.
- Prior experience and familiarity with engineering standards including:
- ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- AS/ISO/IPC Standards
- Industry design and range safety requirements
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) programs (ANSYS Preferred) Experience with electric or liquid propulsion systems within Aerospace & Defense or equivalent type fluid systems and components.
- New product introduction (NPI) of hardware system into a manufacturing, test, and production system with proven success.
- Prior experience with transportation safety requirements and interacting with regulatory bodies.
- $120,000 - $160,000 USD
- Phase Four offers competitive salary and equity, comprehensive health benefits, generous vacation policy, and a collaborative and fun work environment.
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.