Senior Java Software Engineer
Payzerware is the all-in-one tool that helps contractors manage their business.
We help our customers by providing:
● Dispatching & Scheduling software
● Proposal and Invoicing tools to help present sales opportunities and close deals
● CRM tools to help contractors manage customer communication and historical data
● Easy to use online and mobile payment solutions, including instant loan decisions that help grow average order size
● Simple electronic cash management
● Rich financial and customer level reporting
Our Software Engineers play an extremely critical role in the company by creating and maintaining web applications whose features and usability are “positively disruptive” for our customers. If you like to create systems that people will use (and love because their jobs become much easier), then please keep reading!
As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, coding, testing, and perfecting a variety of web applications that serve our customers. Our technical stack is traditionally LAMP, but we are moving toward a Java based microservices architecture that allows a mix of “best tool for the job” technologies. As a growing company, we have many opportunities to create/enhance our product offerings, and as such you will have the chance to work both individually as well as with teammates to utilize your technical talents. Our Software Engineers also assist with production support needs, although only as a third tier. You will be asked to help solve production problems, but it will not be an overwhelming task time-wise.
We’re looking for people who are
● Good humans with a positive attitude
● Bright, inquisitive and good at getting things done
● Good problem solvers with lots of intellectual curiosity
● Great at listening to other people
● Able to communicate clearly both orally and in writing
● Ready to work hard, learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
● Eager to be part of a great team on an exciting ride in the heart of South Charlotte
● Honest, fun to be around and cool to work with while getting the job done
● 8+ years of SaaS Application Development experience (required)
● Modern Java (Java 11/17 up) (required)
● Modern Spring (6 and up) and SpringBoot (2.6 up) (required)
● Unit & Integration Testing (ex. JUnit+Mockito)
● Security Frameworks/Components (example: Spring Security)
● ORM Frameworks/Components (example: Spring Data, Hibernate/JPA)
● REST API Framework/Components
● Reactive Framework/Components (example: Spring Webflux)
● Maven and/or Gradle build tools.
● Containers (Docker)
● JVM tuning and profiling
● Multi threaded systems
● Micro Services architecture
● Distributed Systems
● MQ Systems
● Git and git workflow
● CI/CD experience
● Deploying libraries to an artifact repository
● Experience developing 12 factor app methodology: https://12factor.net/
● Core understanding on the SOLID Principles
● We prefer it if you went to college but even if you didn’t, we’re open to getting together to talk.
What we offer
● The chance to be early at a fast growing, fully funded venture backed startup. You won’t be just another drone at Payzer.
● A professional work environment that’s non-corporate.
● Medical insurance: Choice of plans including 100% employer-paid options
● Dental, vision, short and long-term disability, and life insurance|
● Company-sponsored 401(k) plan
● FSA and HSA Accounts
● Paid time off