Product Design Manager
In the U.S. alone, over 30 million patients per year are prescribed care via paper and fax. The legacy ordering process is long, complicated, and yields an 83% error rate, resulting in patients ending up in the hospital or worse.
The world is transitioning to Digital Ordering across the healthcare industry. At Parachute Health, we’re leading the charge with a platform that is 10 times faster than the status quo. We connect with major hospitals, payors, and suppliers of life-saving products. Our vision of a "delightfully simple" digital ordering experience for clinicians pushes us forward to transforming the world of post-acute care.
Since launching, we’ve helped millions of patients. Founded in New York City, we’ve grown across 50 states and partnered with 50,000 clinical facilities and over 2,000 supplier locations across 20,000+ products on the Parachute Platform.
Join Parachute Health as an experienced Design Manager in our scaling design studio, where you will work in a hybrid individual contributor and managerial role. You will contribute hands-on to innovative enterprise and productivity tooling experiences, while balancing managerial responsibilities for up to three direct reports across the larger design studio.
Hands-On Design, Research, and Advocacy
- Collaborate as a design lead with a cross-functional team to shape productivity tooling opportunities and ensure alignment around implemented design solutions
- Work closely with business stakeholders to resolve specific enhancement requests, identify broader opportunities, and design holistic solutions that benefit user experiences and productivity
- Effectively communicate design concepts through various mediums, including documentation, wireframes, storyboards, flow diagrams, and low-to-high fidelity mockups
- Contribute to building the culture of design at Parachute by advocating for user needs, design and research best practices, and excellence in design across teams
- Occasionally travel to conduct in-person research and validation with customers, about once per quarter
Mentorship and Management
- Foster a collaborative and growth-oriented design culture by mentoring other designers, sharing critique, and receiving critique to elevate the quality of our work
- Manage up to three direct reports, supporting growth goal definition, sponsoring opportunities, resolving blockers, contributing to skill development, and managing performance
- Collect and provide feedback to direct reports from cross-functional peers and coach underperformance where necessary
- Full Lifecycle Expertise: Experience spanning the entire product lifecycle, demonstrating contributions from initial discovery through high-fidelity design and implementation
- Technical Proficiency: Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Notion, and Miro, with a solid understanding of technical aspects related to product development
- Effective Collaboration: Proven excellence in collaboration and communication, with a track record of managing stakeholders on cross-functional teams
- Adaptability: Flexibility and motivation to thrive in a dynamic startup environment, working hand-in-hand with cross-discipline team members
- Human-Centered Design: A portfolio of work that demonstrates your human-centered design process and strong critical and conceptual thinking skills in complex problem spaces
- Leadership or Management Experience: Previous leadership or management experience is required.
Who you are
- You enjoy working on high-complexity enterprise experiences, with a special interest in productivity tools, task management workflows, dashboards, and notifications
- Listening with empathy is a core value, helping you understand with intention, communicate with clarity, earn trust, and build collective wisdom with cross-functional teammates
- You are a data-informed designer, leading qualitative and quantitative research efforts that shape product decisions
- You find joy in simplicity and excel at simplifying complex ideas through thoughtful reduction
- You are a patient leader, thriving in ambiguous environments and energized by bringing out the best qualities of the people around you
Who you aren’t
- You aren’t seeking to focus on defining design systems or component-level visual details. Opportunities to collaborate with our design systems team will be plentiful, but your role is more focused on the application of existing components and patterns
- You aren’t seeking a highly structured work environment. Comfort with ambiguity is a must as Parachute scales and our product processes evolve. You will often work autonomously and define processes of your own
- You aren’t looking to immediately step into a management-only role. Candidates will be committed to balancing their own IC work with their people management responsibilities
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Remote-First Company with the option to work at our offices located in Denver and New York City
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Annual Company-Wide Bonus (up to 15%)
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Summer Fridays - 5 Fridays Off During Summer (Separate From PTO)
- Monthly Internet Stipend
- Annual Home Office Stipend
- Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Annual stipend for education and development
$155 - $180K
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.