Senior Product Designer
In the U.S. alone, over 30 million patients per year are prescribed care via paper and fax. The legacy ordering process is long, complicated, and yields an 83% error rate, resulting in patients ending up in the hospital or worse.
The world is transitioning to Digital Ordering across the healthcare industry. At Parachute Health, we’re leading the charge with a platform that is 10 times faster than the status quo. We connect with major hospitals, payors, and suppliers of life-saving products. Our vision of a "delightfully simple" digital ordering experience for clinicians pushes us forward to transforming the world of post-acute care.
Since launching, we’ve helped millions of patients. Founded in New York City, we’ve grown across 50 states and partnered with 50,000 clinical facilities and over 2,000 supplier locations across 20,000+ products on the Parachute Platform.
Join Parachute as a Senior Product Designer, where you will actively shape automation and innovation features across our multi-product healthcare platform. We practice a "ship to learn" approach, where your passion for continuous iteration will be crucial to crafting bold design solutions. This position calls for a product-oriented mindset, and an ability to harmonize business objectives and user needs to achieve successful outcomes.
Hands-On Design, Research, and Advocacy
- Collaborate as a design lead with a cross-functional team to shape automation and innovation opportunities across our multi-product platform, ensuring alignment around implemented design solutions
- Work closely with business stakeholders to conduct research, identify innovation opportunities, and design holistic solutions that improve user efficiency
- Effectively communicate design concepts through various mediums, including documentation, wireframes, storyboards, flow diagrams, and low-to-high fidelity mockups
- Contribute to building the culture of design at Parachute by advocating for user needs, design and research best practices, and excellence in design across teams
- Foster a collaborative and growth-oriented design culture by mentoring other designers, sharing critique, and receiving feedback to elevate the quality of our work
- Occasionally travel to conduct in-person research and validation with customers, about once per quarter
- Full Lifecycle Expertise: Experience spanning the entire product lifecycle, demonstrating contributions from initial discovery through high-fidelity design and implementation
- Technical Proficiency: Proficient in design tools such as Figma, Notion, and Miro, with a solid understanding of technical aspects related to product development
- Proactive Collaboration: Proven excellence in collaboration and communication, with a track record of proactively engaging key stakeholders and sharing progress with them
- Adaptability: Flexibility and motivation to thrive in a dynamic startup environment, working hand-in-hand with cross-discipline team members
- Human-Centered Design: A portfolio of work that demonstrates your human-centered design process and strong critical and conceptual thinking skills in complex problem spaces
- East Coast Hours: Availability during east coast working hours (9am-5pm ET) is required to ensure seamless collaboration with the team you will be joining. Hours are flexible outside of meetings.
- AI, ML, and OCR Knowledge: While not required, experience in these areas would be a plus.
Who you are
- You have a “ship to learn” mindset, are comfortable with agile process, and want to take a product from zero to one – to two!
- You enjoy working on high-complexity enterprise experiences, with a particular interest in efficiency tools, automation workflows, and AI solutions to streamline manual tasks.
- Listening with empathy is a core value, helping you understand with intention, communicate with clarity, earn trust, and build collective wisdom with cross-functional teammates
- You are a data-informed designer, leveraging qualitative and quantitative methods to understand and measure the success of solutions that meet business and user needs
- You find joy in simplicity and excel at simplifying complex ideas through thoughtful reduction
Who you aren’t
- You aren’t seeking to focus on defining design systems or component-level visual details. Opportunities to collaborate with our design systems team will be plentiful, but your role is more focused on the application of existing components and patterns
- You aren’t seeking a highly structured work environment. Comfort with ambiguity is a must as Parachute scales and our product processes evolve. You will often work autonomously and define processes of your own
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Remote-First Company with the option to work at our offices located in Denver and New York City
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Annual Company-Wide Bonus (up to 15%)
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Summer Fridays - 5 Fridays Off During Summer (Separate From PTO)
- Monthly Internet Stipend
- Annual Home Office Stipend
- Co-Working Space Reimbursement
- Annual stipend for education and development
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.