Customer Support Specialist
In the U.S. alone, over 30 million patients per year are prescribed care via paper and fax. The legacy ordering process is long, complicated, and yields an 83% error rate, resulting in patients ending up in the hospital or worse.
The world is transitioning to Digital Ordering across the healthcare industry. At Parachute Health, we’re leading the charge with a platform that is 10 times faster than the status quo. We connect with major hospitals, payors, and suppliers of life-saving products. Our vision of a "delightfully simple" digital ordering experience for clinicians pushes us forward to transforming the world of post-acute care.
Since launching, we’ve helped millions of patients. Founded in New York City, we’ve grown across 50 states and partnered with 50,000 clinical facilities and over 2,000 supplier locations across 20,000+ products on the Parachute Platform.
For more information on this program, check out our website!
Parachute Health’s career development program for recent grads provides an introduction to how technology can improve healthcare for all involved, especially patients. This initial two-year opportunity provides team members the ability to learn technology tooling, systems, and modern communication while supporting and gaining direct exposure to major healthcare delivery partners like health systems, insurance plans, and national providers of care.
Parachute Health’s Career Development Program is a 2 year commitment. During Year 1 you’ll be a core member of our Customer Experience team, providing outstanding support to our users while learning to navigate the healthcare landscape with ease. You’ll tackle phone, chat, and email support while mastering your knowledge of the Parachute Platform. You will also get a front row view of today’s healthcare system and how your impact can truly make a difference. Year 2 will be focused on fine-tuning your soft skills, developing client relationships, learning new and different functions, and exploring your own interests while dedicating your time rotating between operational departments. While you’ll be transitioning away from reactive support, you’ll take on new tasks relevant to the department you’ve rotated into, getting a full picture view of the different initiatives and roles at Parachute Health. Throughout your rotation, you’ll learn how to engage our users, supporting them and their patients in receiving quality care while contributing to operational efforts like researching, analyzing, and implementing the launch of products and services offered on the platform.
Towards the end of year 2, you will work across many departments, before becoming eligible to bring your newfound knowledge and experience to other areas of the organization through internal transfer or promotion. Graduates of the program have gone on to roles in Operations, Data Analysis, Sales, and more.
While part of the Career Development Program, you will:
- Engage new Parachute users through live chat, email, and phone with the goal of establishing a relationship and ensuring they feel welcome and comfortable with the platform, and know where to go when they have questions.
- Provide excellent ongoing service through empathy, active listening skills, scrappy resourcefulness, and a desire to ensure the best possible outcome for all patients.
- Help keep the platform running smoothly by quickly attending to technical operations tasks.
- Understand who our users and customers are and how Parachute best fits into and streamlines their workflow.
- Work with patient health information and treat it sensitively according to HIPAA guidelines.
- Build and refine processes that scale with rapid growth.
- Research, design, and build categories of medical equipment and services.
- Analyze complex insurance requirements and transform them into easy-to-understand logic via our chart notes surveys
- Leverage strong communication, stakeholder management, and collaboration skills as you work with your colleagues and external customers.
- A strong understanding of excellent service standards.
- Patient, personable, and kind -- in person, in writing, and on the phone.
- Experience supporting end users within the early-stage startup world or technology retail.
- Enthusiastic about using technology to better patient outcomes.
- Basic understanding of applications like Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Zoom, etc.
- Desire to work in a startup environment with a proactive and hungry mindset, and able to pivot quickly based on company needs.
- Creative, out-of-the-box problem solver.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Desire to grow into a Client Success, Sales or Operations role.
- An intellectual curiosity to explore the various areas of a tech startup changing the healthcare landscape.
- A contagious, positive personality.
- Willingness to work modified hours on holidays and/or weekends.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Annual Company Wide Bonus
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Summer Fridays - 5 Fridays Off During Summer (Separate From PTO)
- Monthly Internet Stipend
- Annual Home Office Reimbursement
- Annual stipend for education and development
The candidate will be based out of NYC where we have a Parachute remote office located in the Flatiron district. The position is a hybrid with an on-site presence required 3x per week (Tuesday-Thursday).
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.