Senior Software Development Engineer, Backend (Remote)
Oxygen, designed for the 21st-century economy, is a digital-first financial platform that offers creatives and creators an enticing alternative to traditional banks slow to cater to their needs. We offer consumer and business FDIC insured accounts.
We are looking for an experienced backend software development engineer to help build new financial products and maintain and extend existing ones. At Oxygen, you will be involved in both the product vision and execution. If you enjoy working in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the job for you.
This role require you to:
- Solve ambiguous and complex problems.
- Clarify technical requirements and provide accurate estimates.
- Mentor, grow, and lead a team of engineers.
- Drive and set a high bar for software development processes, documentation, and testing.
- Collaborate and communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years professional software development experience in developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems.
- Experience and deep knowledge of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Experienced with Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Strong server-side development experience in Python.
- Strong experience in identifying and resolving root cause of software defects.
- Able to write and enforce logical and maintainable code.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely with cross regions, cross cultural, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full stack software development experience.
- Previous experience working for a fintech company/startup.
- Previous experience working at a fast-pace startup.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Fully remote (we were remote before it was cool)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, COVID sick leave, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with so much wonderful potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.
- The coolest coworkers you could ever dream of.