Senior Software Development Manager
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to help build new financial products and maintain and extend existing ones while managing a small team both on and offshore. At Oxygen, you will be involved in both the product vision and execution. This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer. If you're looking to get in on the ground floor or a rapidly growing fintech company, enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the job for you!In this role, you'll be working on challenging and somewhat ambiguous problems. We're looking for somebody that can clarify technical requirements and provide accurate estimates. You'll also manage and grow a team of engineers.
- 6+ years of engineering team management experience
- 3+ years professional software development experience in developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems
- Strong knowledge of engineering practices and patterns
- Strong project or program management skills Strong experience partnering with product management
- Provide technical leadership for all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Strong ability to evaluate design reviews for engineers, and drive feedback on architecture and design issues
- Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business objectives, and define technical direction
- Good knowledge of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment
- Good knowledge of continuous integration and deployment processes
- Strong experience in leading a team to identify and resolve root causes of software defects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely with cross functionally, cross culturally, and with geographically dispersed teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- Full stack software development experience
- Previous experience working for a fintech company/startup
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Fully remote
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.
Something looks off?