Principal Backend Software Engineer, Python
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are looking for an experienced backend software development engineer to help build new financial products and maintain and extend existing ones. At Oxygen, you will be involved in both the product vision and execution. This role will report to the Chief Technology Officer and partner closely with our offshore teams. If you're looking to get in on the ground floor or a rapidly growing fintech, enjoy working in highly collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the job for you!
In this role, you'll be working on challenging and somewhat ambiguous problems. We're looking for somebody that can clarify technical requirements and provide accurate estimates. You'll also mentor, grow and lead a team of engineers.
What You Bring
- 7+ years professional software development experience in developing and maintaining high availability distributed software systems.
- Strong server-side development experience in Python / Django framework.
- Experience and deep knowledge of AWS technologies at scale in a production environment.
- Experienced with Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Strong experience in identifying and resolving root cause of software defects.
- Experience in mentoring and leading a group of engineers to solve complex problems.
- Ability to develop high quality production ready software that is maintainable, scalable, performant, and secure using development best practices, design patterns, and proven frameworks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate and work remotely with cross functionally, cross culturally, and with geographically dispersed teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Full stack software development experience.
- Previous experience working for a fintech company/startup.
- Previous experience working at a fast-pace startup.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Fully remote (we were remote before it was cool)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Oxygen is backed by Runa Capital, Y Combinator and other leading fintech investors. For more information, visitwww.oxygen.us and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Banking services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC.
At this moment, we are not able to sponsor any new H1b work visa or Green Card applications. H1b transfer might be possible subject to company policies.