Head of Data Science (Remote)
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st-century economy, tailored to meet the unique needs of today's consumers and small businesses (freelancers, solopreneurs and modern SMBs). We believe beauty lies in simplicity, from design to utility, and build our ever-growing product suite with this in mind. And we’re just getting started. At Oxygen, we’re focused on lifting up those who dare to push boundaries and redefine what's possible by delivering on our promise to be a more fair financial partner. The next generation building the future is writing their own rules and shattering expectations. So are we. For those who reject the status quo, welcome to Banking for the Extraordinary. Let's create the future!
We are looking to bring on an individual who will spearhead our Data Science org. We are looking for a seasoned Data Science leader who will be instrumental in helping to build new financial products and maintain and extend existing ones. At Oxygen, you will be involved in both the product vision and execution. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment this is the job for you.
- Tackle business problems and drive business decisions with Data Science solutions and Machine Learning models.
- Lead and strategize projects in one of many domain areas (Product Feature, Fraud & Risk, Operation, Marketing, etc).
- Communicate analytical results effectively to both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Partner with teams across the organization to understand their analytics needs, create dashboards and reports that allow them to execute more effectivelyGenerate reports, dashboards for internal and external stakeholders.
- This is a hands-on role while also managing a small team.
- Become an expert on all aspects of Oxygen’s data and analytics infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM related field.
- 7+ years of data science experience.
- Solid knowledge in Statistics and Machine Learning models and when to apply them.
- Proficient in SQL queries and with data warehousing concepts on Redshift, Snowflake or similar data warehouse platforms
- Experience with business intelligence analytics, reporting, visualization tools and methods (ie. Quicksight, Power BI, Tableau)
- Experience with a scripting language (preferably Python) for analysis
- Experience using git and working on AWS infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in applying Machine Learning models to solve real-world problems from beginning to end.
- Experience in generating dashboards and reporting to present to stakeholders.
- Strong ownership and responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to explain complex statistical concept to non-technical audience.
- Business-oriented, willing to wear multiple hats, great at dealing with ambiguity and uncertainty, collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Efficiently communicate and work remotely with cross regions, cross cultural, and geographically dispersed teams.
- Passion for democratizing data throughout the company and communicating insights to a broad audience with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Prior startup and FinTech experience preferred, but not required.
- Master's or PhD in these fields is a plus.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based on experience.
- Equity in a high growth Fintech startup.
- Fully remote
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance and HSA.
- Paid time off, sick leaves, paid maternal leave, and paid paternal leave.
- 401(K) and retirement planning.
- A great startup in banking with proven growth potential.
- Lots of autonomy and massive career growth opportunities for the go getters.
Oxygen is a modern financial platform designed for the 21st century economy - providing digital natives, creators and entrepreneurs pushing everyday boundaries a banking partner that understands how they live and work (can cut here is desired) by offering a seamless user experience for both personal and business accounts that makes them feel in their element. Available on iOS and Android, Oxygen users enjoy no monthly fees, early direct deposit, simple transfers, and Cashback rewards on everyday purchases. Businesses can easily control their finances with integrated solutions that are elegant, simple and secure. Reject ordinary. Banking for the Extraordinary.
Based in San Francisco, Oxygen is backed by Runa Capital, Y Combinator and other leading fintech investors.
Banking services provided by The Bancorp Bank, Member FDIC.
At this moment, we are not able to sponsor any new H1b work visa or Green Card applications. H1b transfer might be possible subject to company policies.