Senior Manager of Proposals
Milwaukee, WI, USA · Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Senior Manager of Proposals
The Senior Manager of Proposals at OpenGov will be responsible for the end-to-end management of OpenGov’s RFx’s responses to State and Local Government across all products. This leader will direct a team of 5 direct reports toward delivering high-quality, compelling proposals and responses to Requests-for-Proposals (“RFPs”) and other formal solicitations. With significant growth expected from our enterprise market, this role will have a significant impact on increasing annual recurring revenue and new business for the company. As the program leader, it requires you to work in close collaboration with each team of the Go-To-Market (GTM) organization, influence GTM and other leaders, and successfully balance program management and maintenance with delivering day-to-day operational results.
Senior Manager of Proposals Responsibilities:
• Supervise and coach proposal team personnel across a range of experience levels and product knowledge
• Achieve ARR bookings targets and response completions rates as per growth plans and manage the inbound requests of RFPs to ensure team resources are deployed effectively
• Create meaningful RFP program improvements by developing new strategies and processes for more efficiently and effectively partnering with the GTM organization
• Successfully communicate out RFx program metrics and performance measurement for stakeholders and managers
• Drive the focus of the RFx strategy on opportunities that closely align with OpenGov’s target markets
• Provide successful management to allow RFP team to oversee and manage the entire RFx lifecycle process, from initial intake and qualification to proposal development and final submission in alignment with strict RFP timelines
• Deliver high-quality proposals with “personalized” messaging
• Play a consultative role to the Sales team in advising which RFx opportunities to pursue
• Identify and source well-qualified RFx opportunities to pursue
• Draft and update proposal templates and other external-facing RFx documentation as needed
• Moderate and audit the RFx content library; work closely with company Subject Matter Experts to update content as needed
• Identify exceptions within contractual documentation and Terms & Conditions included with RFx’s; work with OpenGov’s General Counsel to flag contractual concerns prior to proposal submission
• Research competitor proposals, evaluation scorecards, and bid tabulations via FOIA requests for win/loss analysis and strategic takeaways
• Proposal writing, grant writing, and/or contract management experience required, bachelor's degree required
• 5-7 years experience in managing proposals & RFPs required3+ years of people management preferred
• Experience working with government procurement and/or the public sector in general required
• Able to process and understand complex, highly technical information to translate into easy-to-understand, yet well-written content for a non-technical audience required
• Strong knowledge of grammatical rules and experience with editing and formatting longform pieces of content required
• Strong PC knowledge including proficiency in Google Docs, Adobe, MS Word, and MS Excel required
• Working knowledge of proposal workflow automation/content management systems such as RFPio, Loopio, Qvidian, etc. required
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?