Sales Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,600+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About The Sales Development Team:
As a member of the Sales Team you will be responsible for prospecting and generating qualified leads and opportunities for our Account Executives. The ideal candidate is results-driven, has strong and natural Sales talents, and is committed to creating new business meetings and opportunities.
Sales Development Representative (SDR) Responsibilities:
• The SDR Team is responsible for generating new business within governments for OpenGov by prospecting and scheduling qualified product demonstrations for our Account Executives.
• Driving quality meetings will be your core responsibility.
• Utilizing best-in-class software tools like Salesforce.com, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, and Mix Max to call and email inbound leads daily to show the value OpenGov can bring to drive qualified meetings.
• Align with Account Executives to understand, strategize, and execute the best prospecting strategy within assigned territory.
• Through the onboarding process, learn: -how best to talk to our customers-why using their products can improve their lives and save governments money-how to overcome objections-a thorough knowledge of company products-how past SDRs have been successful
• Maintain a volume of a minimum of 150 weekly prospecting calls and 50 prospecting emails per week.
• Achieve monthly quotas of scheduled demos and qualified opportunities.
• Learn from your teammates, contribute positively to OpenGov’s and SDR Team’s enthusiastic team culture, sharpen your tech Sales skills, and grow your career.
•The ideal candidate has 6 months-3 years of experience working on a sales team, ideally within a technology environment.
•Successful Sales including phone experience in B2B, SaaS, tech recruitment, finance, budgeting, and/or accounting.
•Passionate about technology, selling technology and what it can do for society, and redefining a market segment.
•Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented; competitive and driven to succeed.
•Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change.
•Crisp written communication and fluency of expression.
•Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM.
•Excellent references (recent and relevant).
•Prior experience with cold calling or attending a sales Bootcamp is a huge plus.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
See more open positions at OpenGov
Something looks off?