Enterprise Account Executive - Asset Management
Sales & Business Development
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 10, 2024
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
About the Enterprise Account Executive - Asset Management role:
This role will lead all sales efforts within their assigned territory related to Enterprise Asset Management including prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, quarterbacking the sales cycle, and proposal and contract negotiation through deal closure. The ideal candidate will work collaboratively to meet sales goals and deliver the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer service to our customers. You will be a key member of the sales team, responsible for driving revenue growth and developing long-term client relationships.
Enterprise Account Executive Responsibilities:
• Drive the entire sales cycle from prospecting to deal closing
• Develop and Implement strategic account plans to achieve sales goals and objectives
• Secure new clients for our core Enterprise Asset Management SaaS platform
• Grow business within assigned prospect lists, and expand into ancillary jurisdiction types
• Quickly develop thorough knowledge of company products and client verticals, including state and local governments, special districts, non-profits, higher education, and school districts
• Accurately forecast, track, and report revenue
• Exceed revenue targets by selling at prevailing rates
• Maintain a high volume of daily prospecting calls in tandem with your Sales Development Representative
• Deliver virtual and in-person demonstrations for our prospects & customers
• Focus on Departments that would use Infrastructure and Asset Management solutions, Work Planning, Maintenance and Capital Infrastructure
• Address product use cases, benefits, competitive advantages and business outcomes; facilitate executive and technical follow-up to close sale
• Partner with Marketing on leads from trade shows and campaigns. Help set event strategy for where OpenGov should be present
• Sales process management and participate in sales planning status meetings (MEDDIC methodology, QBRs, and more)
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor's degree required
• 3 to 5 years of quota-carrying sales experience and have previously sold software solutions required (State and Local Government vertical is a bonus but not required)
• Boston-based and present in the Office when not traveling on work business
• You are known for your strong work ethic and hunter mentality
• You thrive in a collaborative environment and are curious and coachable when it comes to new challenges
• You have demonstrated a consistent track record of hitting and exceeding quotas.
• You love closing complex, consultative deals
• You have the ability to travel as needed (anywhere from 25% to 50%)
• Passionate about selling technology and what it can do for society
• The ability to learn to speak with senior executives about the direction of their organization, transformational projects and budgets required to get there
• Self-motivated, creative, results driven, solution oriented, direct and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive, driven to succeed, money-motivated
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from both former clients and employers
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.