Implementation Consultant (Budgeting & Planning)
Accounting & Finance
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, December 16, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Boston, MA office.
The Implementation Consultant plays a vital role in driving value for OpenGov customers through the successful and seamless implementation of our solutions. This position requires extensive product knowledge, subject matter expertise, and the ability to make informed solution recommendations. The primary responsibility of the Implementation Consultant is to oversee the entire implementation process, establishing a solid foundation for our customers’ OpenGov solution and ensuring maximum value for their investment. In addition, this role will contribute to the enhancement of our delivery operations by providing guidance during sales and scoping activities, offering valuable insights to our Research and Development team, and providing training and mentorship to fellow team members.
• Manage end-to-end implementation projects for new customers, providing comprehensive guidance and support throughout the process, including data requirements gathering, technical platform configuration, administrator training, and all other defined implementation requirements.
• Act as the primary technical point of contact for new customers deploying OpenGov or expanding their implementation, ensuring effective communication and smooth deploymentInteract directly with government officials and staff on a daily basis, guiding them through the implementation process and empowering them to become successful administrators and advocates of OpenGov software solutions.
• Understand customer requirements and pain points, collaborating with cross-functional teams to simplify, enhance, and automate existing processes, thereby improving customer workflows.
• Develop expertise in governmental processes across multiple states to effectively address customer needs and provide tailored solutions.
• Collaborate closely with the engagement and adoption team to ensure a consistent and successful customer experience, facilitating training for new customers.
• Continually leverage and develop best practices for each data environment and customer vertical, driving implementation efficiencies for future projects.
• Gather and communicate customer feedback and feature requests, contributing to key product discussions and ensuring OpenGov remains a preferred and indispensable solution.
• Collaborate with internal departments at OpenGov to enhance delivery efficiency and effectiveness.
• Serve as a trusted advisor to both customers and OpenGov team members, providing valuable insights and guidance based on expertise and experience.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 2-5+ years of experience working in the public sector in a relevant area such as Procurement, Budgeting, Community Development, Asset Management, Finance/Accounting, or similar.
• At least 2 years of experience in software implementation consulting or equivalent transferrable work with external clients.
• Strong knowledge and experience in analyzing and reporting large volumes of financial or other relevant data, with a solid understanding of governmental concepts and practices.
• Proficiency in training customers on software solutions to address key workflows and business processes.
• Ability to provide clear and effective phone support, assistance, and recommendations, fostering positive relationships with customers.
• Strong skills in conceptualization of patterns, modeling, and design, enabling efficient solution development.
• Advanced Excel skills, including the ability to use functions/formulas, format data (e.g., v-lookup, pivot tables), perform error-checking, and create properly formatted reports.
• Demonstrated track record of working in a fast-paced environment, effectively managing internal procedures and process improvements while collaborating with team members.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changes in product features and respond strategically to meet customer needs.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including strong verbal and written communication skills, teamwork, and a commitment to exceptional customer service.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.