Manager, Sales Development Representatives
Sales & Business Development
Plano, TX, USA
Posted on Friday, December 15, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Plano, TX office.
About the Manager, Sales Development Representatives:
OpenGov is adding to our rapidly growing Sales Team by adding a Manager of Sales Development role to our Sales Development Representative (SDR) Team. The responsibility of this role will be to manage and coach a team of 7-10 SDRs to become the next great Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Solutions Engineers. Be part of an exciting journey with OpenGov as we create a dynamic and thriving Sales Development team right in Dallas. Work closely with Krystelle Asaker, our Director of Sales Development, to integrate strategies and align the Dallas team with our overall sales development vision. Join us in shaping the future of government technology at OpenGov's new Dallas hub, where your leadership will pave the way for our next generation of sales talent.
Manager, Sales Development Representative Responsibilities:
• Manage and coach a Team of 7-10 SDRs, by maintaining a consistent focus on coaching, training, mentoring, and a hands-on approach to leading a team
• Lead in developing and maintaining our culture of winning and fun within the SDR Team and broader organization
• Lead team to continually establish meetings (quantity) with relevant contacts via valuable information (quality), ultimately leading to closed business
• Meet and exceed meeting quota requirements
• Assist in the development and ongoing management of our SDR onboarding process to drive maximum productivity for SDRs
• Ensure management visibility into performance, both positive and areas for improvement
• Design and implement strong account-based programs, collaborating regularly with the Demand Generation Marketing team
• Partner with Marketing leadership to establish demand generation topics and subsequent SDR follow-up
• Develop and maintain monthly training on relevant topics: government finance, government communications, organizational hierarchy, cold call skills, addressable trends in the market, and product training
• Serve as a liaison between product and product marketing organizations for “what’s working” within the Sales development efforts and ensure consistent coverage for all titles and products
• Run reports daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly to show the impact of the SDR team to the broader organization
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Successful Sales / Business Development experience including strong prospecting (phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.) experience in B2B, SaaS, Finance, Budgeting, Accounting, or government
• 3-5 years of experience leading a Sales / Business Development team, ideally within a technology environment
• Track record of developing and coaching individuals to be future Stars in new roles (Account Executive, Customer Success Management, etc.)
• Demonstrated leader within the Sales / Business / SDR / BDR Development communities (Sales Development organizations, network of other Sales Development/Inside Sales Leaders, etc.)
• Self-motivated, creative, results-driven, solution-oriented, direct, and convincing when it’s right for the customer; competitive and driven to succeed
• Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change
• Crisp written communication and fluency of expression
• Solid computer skills including Salesforce or comparable CRM
• Excellent references (recent and relevant) from former team members, Account Executives, and cross-functional partners
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.