Sr. Engineer, Application Security
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, December 12, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
We are in search of a highly skilled and experienced Senior Engineer of Application Security to join our dynamic team in our SaaS company, which specializes in delivering innovative solutions to local governments. As the Senior Engineer of Application Security, you will take on a pivotal role in the security of our software applications, ensuring that they are resilient to threats and vulnerabilities. Your expertise in secure coding practices and application security will be invaluable as you collaborate with R&D engineers and software development teams.
• Collaborate closely with R&D engineers and software development teams to ensure that security considerations are integrated into the software development process.
• Act as a technical leader and subject matter expert in secure application development, providing guidance and recommendations for secure coding practices, tools, and techniques.
• Lead the implementation of secure coding practices and standards, ensuring the development of secure software.
• Conduct security assessments, code reviews, and vulnerability scans to identify and address security weaknesses in applications.
• Participate in security incident response efforts, contributing to minimizing the impact of security incidents and facilitating recovery.
• Stay updated on emerging threats and trends in application security, applying this knowledge to enhance our security posture proactively.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure that application security is seamlessly integrated into the software development process.
• Provide mentorship and guidance to junior engineers to enhance their understanding of secure coding practices and application security.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 5-7 years of experience in application security and secure software development, with a strong background in secure code development, vulnerability management, and security assessments.
• Strong understanding of secure coding practices and principles.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.