Product Manager - Procurement
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, December 1, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
We are looking for a seasoned Product Manager who can help shape the vision of leading our Procurement Suite. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with global R&D teams to build product features from conception to launch by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into shippable features in a fast paced agile environment. You are curious, self- driven with a passion for building products that delight customers.
At OpenGov, the PM team works closely with talented engineers, product designers, solution engineers and deployment experts to help design the next generation modern public procurement and contract management solutions that will change the way governments transform public administration. Our ideal candidate has shipped several releases of enterprise software, preferably in the ERP space (public or private sector). They have exemplary communication skills, are comfortable in presenting complex business concepts at all levels and are not afraid to challenge the status quo.
• Lead solution, customer and developer focused market research to address specific public procurement and contract management business challenges
• Gather requirements and write detailed business requirements and user stories that will guide product development and architecture
• Work closely with our product designers in concepting and designing the product
• Work closely with the engineering and design team to regularly perform backlog grooming and specify criteria for customer acceptance
• Develop product documentation and release details for internal and external stakeholders
• Manage feature prioritization and trade-offs and build consensus. Identify risks early in the cycle and provide timely decisions to all stakeholders.
• Be comfortable with understanding technical decisions and assumptions
• Effectively work across a cross-functional teams (Engineering, Design, Sales, Marketing, Deployment and others)
• Advocate passionately for a cross-product ERP vision rather than point solutions
• Own go-to-market enablement and collaborate with others to develop online materials for support and professional services.
• Maximize efficiency in a constantly changing and growing environment where the process is fluid and creative and unique solutions are required
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• 3-5 + years of product management experience required, with enterprise SaaS experience preferred
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information from many sources
• Superb verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working in an agile/scrum development environment
• Hands-on software development experience preferred
• Comfortable working in enterprise tools like ProductBoard, Confluence, Jira and Pendo
• Enterprise applications experience: CRM, ERP, EPM, HCM, etc. preferred
• Interest in improving the effectiveness of Government
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.