Senior Engineering Manager
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Friday, November 24, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven, fast-growth, venture backed SaaS company (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner, Top 25 Highest Rated Cloud Companies to Work For, and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
The OpenGov Financials Suite is an end-to-end financial management solution that works seamlessly on the OpenGov platform with our Budgeting and Planning, Permitting Licensing and Code Enforcement, and Reporting and Transparency suites. All these solutions combined make up the OpenGov ERP Cloud.
We are the only fully cloud-based management solution designed exclusively for the public sector. With OpenGov Financials, a government can go from source business documents (timecards, POs, invoices, cash receipts, etc.) to reporting, forecasting, and budgeting with the OpenGov Budgeting and Planning Suite, without duplicating work, data translation, or other barriers to slow down progress.
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager with a strong technical background preferably in Finance to lead a highly skilled tech team of cloud-native software engineers based in Pune, India. You will manage a team of web developers and front-end engineers. You will work with the product, design, and architecture teams in the US and in India to design and deliver new features in an agile environment. Favoring shipping to production frequently, you will drive and motivate the team by encouraging innovation and creativity while ensuring that the high-quality standards that we hold ourselves to are met. This role will involve occasional travel to the US.
Our ideal candidate has led technology transformations of large-scale systems, preferably in the ERP space (public or private sector), and has battle scars from managing, delivering, and testing asynchronous software, microservices & data in a multi-tenant SaaS environment.
What you'll make happen:
• Establish, contribute to, and evolve development, test, and delivery processes that align with the broader engineering organization
• Lead the inception of new products and initiatives and continue the ongoing development and maintenance of existing software products
• Able to perform capacity and project planning against timelines.
• A dynamic and agile leader who should be able to understand the moving priorities and be able to course-correct them as per the situation.
• Assist in local recruiting, interviewing, and hiring in close coordination with the leadership team.
• Mentor & develop engineers to realize their full potential in a fast-paced development organization
• Deliver and support quality, scalable & supportable software to customers at an impressive pace
• Contribute to OpenGov’s Engineering culture of innovation, leading-edge technology adoption, and quality
You get excited by:
• Delighting customers with innovative and stable/quality, usable products
• Learning from how enterprises use technology to meet their business needs
• Developing your multi-disciplinary team to be confident, self-sufficient key contributors
• Organizing your team and backlogs to accelerate the velocity
• Modern technology, tools, and processes
• Cloud-based software delivery on a global scale
• 12+ years developing software of which,
- 8+ years in managing high-performing software-engineering teams
- 4+ years of cloud-native software delivery (including containerization)
- 3+ years delivering software using an agile methodology (Scrum ideally)
• BA/BS in a computer-science-related discipline
• Should have performed the technical role in the earlier part of the career.
• Good connections with people
• Hands-on development experience with a modern OO language, design patterns, and frameworks
• Intimate knowledge of modern coding methodology, collaboration, development & testing tools
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• MS+ in computer-science or related discipline
• Hands-on knowledge of DevOps, SRE, and CI/CD practices in a public cloud environment, preferably AWS
• Experience with data warehousing and reporting applications
• Experience building mission-critical transactional systems
• Experience with ERP or similar systems
• Knowledge of GAAP accounting and financial reporting
• Functional Programming experience
• Reactive software architectures
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.