Customer Success Engineer (Budgeting & Planning)
Accounting & Finance, Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
This position requires a minimum of 3 days a week working onsite in OpenGov's Dallas, TX office.
A Customer Success Engineer (CSE) is a trusted technical expert and advisor who is responsible for helping customers achieve their desired outcomes with one or more assigned product suites. The CSE has a deep understanding of the product's technical architecture and capabilities and uses this knowledge to help customers troubleshoot problems, optimize their use of the product, and identify new ways to improve their business results.
The CSE plays a critical role in helping OpenGov retain and grow its customer base. By proactively working with customers to ensure that they are getting the most out of the product, the CSE can help reduce churn and increase adoption. The CSE also helps to generate new growth opportunities by identifying and recommending additional products and services to meet customer needs.
• Develops and maintains technical expertise in assigned Opengov product suites.
• Establishes an understanding of product best practices as defined by OpenGov.
• Leads assigned CSE engagements with Opengov customers including performing discovery, conducting technical assessments, and engaging with customers on an extended basis to minimize risk and increase adoption.
• Prepares and provides professional demonstrations of assigned product suites to customers.
• Thinks critically to identify potential risks when developing solutions for our customers.
• Clearly documents and communicates customer technical objectives, timelines, recommendations, and outcomes.
• Effectively prioritizes and escalates customer issues as required.
• Contributes to internal and external knowledge bases to support our customers more effectively and efficiently.
• Attends and participates in OpenGov conferences, off-site meetings, user groups, and webinars as assigned.
• Attends and participates in industry conferences and meetings as assigned.
Leads and participates in OpenGov special projects and initiatives as assigned.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required.
• A Master’s degree preferred in a related field.
• 5+ years experience with implementing, supporting, managing, tracking, and reporting on SaaS software required.
• Strong technical aptitude – i.e., the ability to grasp technical concepts and understand the capabilities, impacts, and potential risks of implementing proposed solutions, and be able to articulate them to Customers - is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, human relations, written, verbal, and listening communication skills are required.
• Strong negotiation skills - i.e., the ability to influence all levels of the organization and to lead others to action on key initiatives - are required.
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, organizational, time management, and prioritization skills are required.
• Experience working with government finance (e.g., ERP, budgeting, procurement) and government services (e.g., permitting, asset management) software and processes are preferred.
• Prior experience working in local government is preferred.
• Prior experience in customer success, professional services, or technical support is preferred.
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.