Product Manager - Access Control
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
Please see this video from John Chambers about OpenGov India
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation’s cities, counties, and state
agencies. On a mission to power a more effective and accountable government, OpenGov
serves more than 1,000 agencies across the U.S. We are a Series D, venture backed startup
(includes Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Thrive Capital, and Emerson Collective) and our Board of
Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and
CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the
OpenGov offers collaborative budgeting, robust financial management, and intuitive civic
services. The OpenGov ERP Cloud is purpose-built for the unique needs of local government
and backed by a world-class team of mission-driven support and services personnel with over
300 years of collective government experience.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who can help build the best in class Platform
Product. Our Access control service currently helps our customers centralize reporting by
leveraging a core data platform used by all 3 OpenGov application suites. The OpenGov
Platform also provides a range of services (spanning Identity and Access Management to
Application Framework Components) for the application/engineering teams, allowing them to
quickly build features for our customers and provide a unified experience as users navigate
We are looking for a seasoned PM who has already built and led access control product
platforms. The role involves working with customers, internal stakeholders and other
application development teams and driving high-quality, solution oriented product
development in a fast-paced organization. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with
teams in the US and India to build product features (access control) from conception to launch
by connecting the technical and business worlds. You can break down complex problems into
shippable features in a fast paced agile environment. This role may involve occasional travel to
the US. To be successful, you need to have superb oral and written communication skills, be
insanely curious, self- driven and with a passion for building products that delight customers
● Work closely with our architects, engineers, product designers and other PMs to drive
features from concepts.
● Gather requirements and write agile user stories, acceptance criteria.
● Be comfortable with understanding technical decisions and assumptions and use that to
guide feature requirements. Comfortable holding your own during discussions with
engineers and architects.
● Prioritize stories and features, build consensus and coordinate product development
● Facilitate communication throughout the development process between a variety of
internal teams including: engineering, design, customer success, marketing, and sales.
Evangelize product features across the organization.
● Maximize efficiency in a constantly changing and growing environment where the
process is fluid.
● Develop product documentation and release details for internal and external
stakeholders. Collaborate with others to develop online materials for support and
● Bachelor's degree in a technology or related field.
● Prior experience as a software developer.
● Ability to think strategically and synthesize diverse information from many sources
● Superb verbal and written communication skills
● Proven track record of successfully coordinating teams and/or managing and releasing
complex SaaS products, features etc.
● Should have deep understanding of Identity & Access Management governance
including role- based access control, access request..etc
● Experience working with distributed teams
● 4-8 years of enterprise SaaS product management experience.
● 3-4 years experience working on a SaaS Platform product, building features that will be
used by other application/engineering teams.
● Must have prior experience in Identity and Access Management.
● Prior experience building / working on Data Platform, Query Service, Integrations, APIs
● Knowledge of agile development and UX design principles
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,600+ governments (and counting) using our products and seven acquisitions in the past six years! Click here for read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.