Director of Corporate Finance & Strategy
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, August 18, 2023
OpenGov is home to an exceptional team - passionate about our mission to power more effective and accountable government. By bringing the OpenGov Cloud to our nation's state and local government, we’re transforming communities so they can thrive!
Imagine yourself being able to help small business owners open their doors faster, ensuring our tax dollars are accounted for, creating safer infrastructure, modernizing the permitting process, and assisting with disaster recovery. The work you do here every day has a meaningful impact on people's lives!
🌟 OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes America's Best Startup Employer. OpenGov is a high growth, late stage venture backed startup with investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective. Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world). 🌟
Join our smart, fun, and humble team to experience the most rewarding career of your life!
We are seeking a seasoned and dynamic professional to join our team as the Director of Corporate Finance & Strategy. In this leadership role, this person will be responsible for partnering with all the financial planning and analysis functions, including key stakeholders across the organization, and managing a growing team. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker with a proven track record in financial analysis, strong leadership skills, and the ability to provide insights that support informed decision-making. This position will report directly to the VP of Finance and will frequently collaborate with the CFO and executive team.
• Financial Strategy and Planning: Lead the development and execution of the company's financial planning processes. Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning.
• Financial Analysis and Reporting: Structure, build, and maintain complex financial and decision-making models to develop meaningful insights and actionable recommendations.
• Stakeholder Partnership: Establish and nurture strong relationships with key stakeholders, including department heads, executives, and cross-functional teams.
• Provide financial insights, analysis, and recommendations to support strategic initiatives and operational improvements.
• Management: Directly manage a Senior Financial Analyst, providing mentorship, guidance, and fostering a collaborative and high-performing environment. Set clear goals and expectations, conduct performance evaluations, and identify opportunities for skill development.
• Ad-Hoc Projects: Contribute to special projects, such as mergers and acquisitions, capital allocation strategies, and process optimization efforts, as required.
Develop reporting to track key performance metrics and monitor business performance.
• Champion expense management and efficiency efforts across the function you support; drive expense management discussions across functional leadership; make recommendations and influence efficiency decisions. Serve as a financial challenger to the business.
Requirements and Preferred Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Economics required; MBA preferred
• Minimum 7+ years related finance experience
Experience in high growth Software-as-a-Service or B2B subscription model
• Advanced proficiency in financial software, data analysis tools, and Microsoft Excel.
• Strong financial modeling experience
• Strong relationship building and influence skills
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise way through memos or slides.
• Proficient in Workday Adaptive Planning
• Solid understanding and use of accounting and finance principles
• Solid project management skills, ability to independently manage tasks on time
• A change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, late stage venture backed startup, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Awarded Top 25 Cloud Companies to Work For, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, annual wellness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.