Subject Matter Expert (Financials and Budgeting Solutions)
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 3, 2023
Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, and Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO) and Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud software for local governments and state agencies. We have surpassed 1,800+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective and accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2023 Top Workplaces USA award winner and a Forbes 2022 America's Best Startup Employer!
About the Subject Matter Expert (Financials and Budgeting Solutions):
OpenGov's Subject Matter Experts bring their expertise to help design solutions using OpenGov technology for prospective customers and customers alike. Leveraging their deep government experience they design and create innovative ways to solve complex problems, delighting our customers and helping to drive our product roadmap. You’ll be the product expert spearheading the technical evaluation, demonstrating business value, handling tough objections, and leading a successful product evaluation during sales cycles to gain new customers.
*****If you have direct government experience, especially in these specific roles, we want to talk to you!:******
• Budget Analyst
• Budget Manager
• Management Analyst
• Senior Accountant
• Finance Manager
• Finance Director
• Financial Analyst
Subject Matter Expert (Financials and Budgeting Solutions) Responsibilities:
• Share your expertise with the broader community by speaking at conferences, leading webinars, and hosting an OpenGov podcast
• Serve as a trusted advisor to our Go-To-Market Team to plan, prepare, and demonstrate solutions
• Conduct technical discovery to uncover pain points and challenging cases
• Create and deliver presentations and demonstrations that address the needs identified through discovery
• Become the trusted advisor by demonstrating deep product knowledge and real-world application to solve clients challenges and issues
• Build strong relationships and develop customer technical champions
• Provide technical support to RFP/RFI responses
• Work closely with Professional Services teams to ensure a smooth transition of opportunities and stay current in deployment best practices
• Collaborate with R&D, Marketing, and other departments on field observations and customer feedback that impact product roadmap and competitiveness
• Support the creation, build-out, and maintenance of shared team assets including knowledge base and demonstration sites.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably equivalent to or aligned with Finance, Accounting, or Public Administration
• 5+ years in Government, preferably Finance, Accounting, or Budgeting roles
• Ability to learn, understand and communicate complex technical concepts and develop skills to create compelling solutions that demonstrate business value
• Extraordinary presentation skills, with the ability to establish trust across a range of technical and non-technical audiences
What makes OpenGov unique
» Leadership: CEO Zac Bookman (MPA from Harvard and JD from Yale) is truly a mission-driven CEO. He was named one of the 100 most Intriguing Entrepreneurs by Goldman Sachs, a Tech Pioneer by the World Economic Forum, and SF and Silicon Valley Business Times' 40 under 40 class of 2018!
» Funding: Over $250 million, Series D company, from top tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz, 8VC, Cox Enterprises, and Emerson Collective.
» Board of Directors: Includes iconic executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman and CEO), Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world), Katherine August-deWilde (Vice Chair of First Republic Bank), and Amy Pressman (co-founder, former president, and a current board member of Medallia).
» Growth: Record breaking growth with 1,800+ governments (and counting) using our products. Click here to read more.
» Culture: Winner of 2023 Top Workplaces USA award, Winner of Forbes 2022 Best Startup Employers, 50 Best Workplaces award. Check out our Careers Video!
» Perks: 90% paid Medical/Dental/Vision premium for employees, fully paid Life and Short/Long term disability insurance, Unlimited PTO, Parental Leave policy, monthly fitness stipend, anniversary awards, and more!
» Product: Named to the GovTech 100 (seven consecutive years), we are the leader in cloud software for our nation's cities, counties, and state agencies.
» Mission Driven: We are a technology company with a passion for the mission. We're powering more effective and accountable government.
Come join us and make a positive social impact!
OpenGov is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.